Official GIGABYTE Forum

EasyTune 6 Won't Start

EasyTune 6 Won't Start
« on: May 15, 2015, 02:07:59 am »
Hello all. I download EasyTune6 from here: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/Utility.aspx

For the latest intel version since that is the CPU that I have. I start EasyTune6 and I get loading box. It loads fully. Then it resets and loads fully again. Nothing happens.

I have searched quite a bit, and there is no extra EasyTune icon in my system tray, nor is it hidden as I looked for that stuff.

I used @BIOS to update my BIOS to the newest version, and I used Gigabyte's App Center to redownload Easy Tunes, but I get the same result.

I want to use EasyTune to change my fan speed because it is always at maximum speed! Even going into BIOS and setting it to silent does nothing! And in the User Manual for my motherboard it says to use Easytune.

How can I get this to work?

I am using the gigabyte ga-z97n-gaming 5 Motherboard with Intel CPU.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:42:13 am by absic »

Re: EasyTune 6 Won't Start
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 05:49:54 am »
So...actually...I found out how to use Easy Tune. I uninstalled Easy Tune, and THEN it went back to the app center to reinstall it aain, but when I went to the app center, Easy tune was there! So there ya go...

However, I don't see the option to change fan speed in easy tune...Can any of you direct me to that?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:42:26 am by absic »

Re: EastyTune 6 Won't Start
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 09:09:39 am »
So I found out that the fan control settings are actually in System Information View (SIV) that is actually also downloaded from the App Center.

However whenever I try  to set my main CPU's fan speed. It doesn't do anything! It sets the other fan just fine (I only have 2 fans) but the CPU fan specifically won't go any lower than 4400 whether I do a smart fan setting or a static fan setting (set it to a specific unchanging RPM).

Anyone know what's the problem?