Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GTX 970

Gigabyte GTX 970
« on: June 15, 2015, 12:55:10 pm »
Hi,

Recently purchased the Gigabyte GTX 970. Was wondering how I could connect the 8pin on the GPU to my PSU as it doesn't have a 8pin to 8pin PCIE cable. My PSU is the Corsair cs750M ATX semi-modular design 80+ gold and my motherboard is the asrock z97 pro 4 atx. Would I need to purchase a 8pin to 8pin cable?
Also would anyone know about the nvidia witcher redeeming bundle as I purchased it during the promotion but never received the code and had to email the company and they eventually linked me to nvidia to fill out the website link but by then the promotion ended.

Thanks

Jalle64

Re: Gigabyte GTX 970
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 02:02:51 pm »
Hi,

Recently purchased the Gigabyte GTX 970. Was wondering how I could connect the 8pin on the GPU to my PSU as it doesn't have a 8pin to 8pin PCIE cable. My PSU is the Corsair cs750M ATX semi-modular design 80+ gold and my motherboard is the asrock z97 pro 4 atx. Would I need to purchase a 8pin to 8pin cable?
Also would anyone know about the nvidia witcher redeeming bundle as I purchased it during the promotion but never received the code and had to email the company and they eventually linked me to nvidia to fill out the website link but by then the promotion ended.

Thanks
With that PSU you should have four PCI-e extrapower cabels (4 x 6+2) so I don´t see the problem?

As with the woucher here with the company you purchased the card. :)