Official GIGABYTE Forum

New Sysytem with GA-EP45T-USB3P problems

New Sysytem with GA-EP45T-USB3P problems
« on: March 26, 2010, 06:41:46 pm »
So i just built a computer for my brother all the parts are brand new from Newegg.com and i am having alot of problems with it. At first i got it started up fine and was installing drivers but no matter what i couldnt get the system to recognize my graphics card, it just kept saying it was a "standard vga adapter". Then all the sudden it shut off on its own while i was working on this problem. For a while after that it would go to a black screen after the start up menu, and if i tried to access the bios it would either do nothing or lock up the system on the startup menu and just sit there doing nothing. then i removed one of my ram sticks and it would now get to the windows loading and then either just restart or do a memory dump. So i switched the memory sticks around still only having one in the system and it would get to the desktop but after a few minutes it would do a memory dump, and also this whole time it has not been able to access the internet but i can take the same rj45 cable and put it to my laptop and it gets internet fine, thats how im on the internt now actually. So im thinking it is possiably the drivers that came on the cd with the motherboard, so i did a clean install of 7 again and didnt install the drivers provided for the mother board just went right to installing the ati drivers for my video card and now it is finding the card perfectly, and i have yet to have a problem with the system doing random memory dumps, but that took time for it to happen last time so im just waiting for it to do it now, but hopefully it wont. I put the second stick of ram in and now it freezes at the starup screen where you can access the bios
GIGABYTE-EP45T-USB3p
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz
XFX HD 4890 1GB GDDR5
2x2 GB DDR3 OCZ 1066 9-9-9 @ 1.65v(currently just using 2GB)
650w Coolmax NW series PSU
1tb 7200 rpm hdd
pci wireless card