Official GIGABYTE Forum

Overclock advice with GA-P35C-DSR3 please

Overclock advice with GA-P35C-DSR3 please
« on: March 27, 2010, 06:45:19 pm »
Hi guys

I will try and give as much info here and anything else can be added in further post/s:

My System

Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R mobo (f12 bios)
intel quad q6600@3ghz
4GB corsair dominator DDR-3 1333mhz
MSI 5850 1GB OC edition
samsung f1 750gb hard drive (os: 32bit windows 7 ultimate)
x-fi xtreme gamer soundcard & steelseries 5h usb headset
corsair 620w modular
windows 7 32bit ultimate

My issues

Having overclocked the chip (go stepping) to a modest 3ghz i have a problem, where on a cold boot my startup programs (ccc,mouse drivers etc) error and windows is generally unstable ultimately ending up in a blue screen.

A reboot or 2 later, or maybe fiddling about in the bios adjusting minor settings (problem occurs with different settings just when windows wants to load properly it does regardless of voltages etc) it is absouloutely fine. A 30min blend run of  prime95 comes up ok with no errors and ram is ok with windows memory tool (it is brand new after replacing a set of 4gb ddr2 which developed a faulty stick)

Am i missing something that is causing something for windows to be unstable on some boots? , as i have no idea what the cause to be. It is also a 4 day old up to date windows 7 install too as i thought i nailed the overclock and voltages so put a fresh windows on just in case i corrupted anything from previous attempts but the startup problem occured after a day or 2.

Below is a few screenies to see if there is a glaring error anywhere:

On a second note, which isn't as important but as i am here if you can help i would be very grateful. I have read that it is beneficial and you will gain better performance from running my hard drive in AHCI mode, but all my attempts have ended up in blue screens. Can you give me the optimum settings for this screenie below too please?

I know there a lot of asks here but i would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 06:50:23 pm by iPHAILZ »

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: Overclock advice with GA-P35C-DSR3 please
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 03:22:22 pm »
If you load BIOS defaults do you still get the same problems? In regards to AHCI mode you will be best off doing a full re-install with it enabled. You can make registry tweaks but would personally just do a full reinstall.
There's no place like ::1

Re: Overclock advice with GA-P35C-DSR3 please
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 01:45:57 pm »
If you load BIOS defaults do you still get the same problems? In regards to AHCI mode you will be best off doing a full re-install with it enabled. You can make registry tweaks but would personally just do a full reinstall.

Hi

A few days run of bios defaults and all seems well. i think its the voltages that are causing it maybe?