Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77M - D3H Audio/USB problems on windows 10

Okuda

Z77M - D3H Audio/USB problems on windows 10
« on: August 26, 2015, 07:36:59 am »
Can anyone help me out? I'm on a z77m - d3h with an Intel i7 2700k, using original Windows 10 PRO (I didnt have the motherboard before, so i'dont really know if its a problem with Windows 10). My audio and microphone ports doesn't work at all, i can have sound through the HDMI no problem, but i'd like to use those ports, especially the microphone one. Also, the USB ports above the HDMI conector doesnt work aswell, there's power running through it - i can charge my phone through there, but it doesnt do anything else other than that. The ports under the HDMI conector are fine, I belive the ones above are 3.0...Is there anything im missing? I have tried many things, such as the APP center ( there is a INF windows update there that BSOD my PC, so i dont really trust it), searching for the windows 10 mobo drivers, not with much sucess though.. Anyone had the same issue? Anyone know how to solve it?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Z77M - D3H Audio/USB problems on windows 10
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 02:46:53 pm »
Did you look at device manager to see what is install for drivers? Understand that windows is live updates all the time. You really have no control over updates other a few adjustments to the updates.

If you update a driver if windows doesn't like it it will over write it. Welcome to windows 10 and it is more likely windows 10 that is the problem. The USB ports who ever made them, they might not have a driver yet. 

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4142#dl
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Re: Z77M - D3H Audio/USB problems on windows 10
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 05:29:29 pm »
I've had similar problems with the front usb 3.0 ports on my Gigabyte z97n-wifi board. It pops up a box that it doesn't recognize the port/device when I plug something in. Under device manager there is a yellow sign, but it can't update the driver. There are also errors using Gigabytes App update software on Windows 10 pro. It appears that a lot of people are having usb 3.0 problems on various boards.