Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA990XA-UD3 Rev 3.0 Sound Problem

GA990XA-UD3 Rev 3.0 Sound Problem
« on: September 10, 2015, 01:44:35 am »
Dear Anybody!

I bought this mobo today, and I installed windows 10 Pro 64bit. Everything went fine but I have problem with the sound.
Realtek HD Audio. My subwoofer no sound, because there is no option to boost, correction (No Room Corection Menu) in Realtek HD Audio Manager. In properties > Enhancements either, also no such option.
Previously I used GA970A-DS3 and GA870 and never had problem. But now I'm confused. I'm not a basic user so I've tried almost everything. First I install the new win10 audio driver what I found on Gigabyte website. The test sound ok but for example I watch something on youtube or media player or gaming no subwofer and the sound is like a walkman. After I install the latest win 8.1 driver... I think maybe... But the same. I try to change and setup the plugs. Nothing. Anybody can help me or have any idea?
Many thanks

reeven

Re: GA990XA-UD3 Rev 3.0 Sound Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 01:47:22 pm »
you could install realtek driver, from realtek site.
latest is 0006-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R279  ( google it)
or try latest from win10 section of drivers on gigabyte site.

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 04:13:40 pm »
you could install realtek driver, from realtek site.
latest is 0006-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R279  ( google it)
or try latest from win10 section of drivers on gigabyte site.

I've tried all 3 drivers. Win10 latest, Win 8.1 latest and the Realtek latest. All 3 the same. Today I reinstall the all system and change win 10 to win 8.1. But still the same problem. Have sound, in audio manager test ok, I set up the 5.1. Every speaker working. But when I watch or listen something not working just the 2 front speeker. From the audio manager missing the setting menu where I can enabled the sunwoofer and the room correction menu. It's unbeliveble. I don't know what can I do know...

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 01:30:32 pm »
Uninstall all audio drivers. Reboot PC and just try the native drivers that come with Windows.

If everything works OK then the problem is due to the other software you are trying to run.

If you still have issues with the sound, try running a live install of a linux distro (lime or ubuntu for example) and test sound in there. If it works OK then the problem is Windows based software not hardware.

I have never installed other drivers from Gigabyte or Realtek for many years now and have not had any major audio issues with my 5.1 sound system. The only issues I've encountered have been due to software.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 06:19:32 pm »
Uninstall all audio drivers. Reboot PC and just try the native drivers that come with Windows.

If everything works OK then the problem is due to the other software you are trying to run.

If you still have issues with the sound, try running a live install of a linux distro (lime or ubuntu for example) and test sound in there. If it works OK then the problem is Windows based software not hardware.

I have never installed other drivers from Gigabyte or Realtek for many years now and have not had any major audio issues with my 5.1 sound system. The only issues I've encountered have been due to software.

Thanks again your reply and your time.
So I uninstalled all drivers and tried the windows based. It was same situation. Test sound ok, every speaker working but when watch or listen something normaly not working my subwofer...
I don't think it's windows based problem beacuse it was a new installed system. And try 3 system with this mobo. All was the same issue. So the win7, win8.1, win10 all working s*** whit this mobo onboard sound? The win 8.1 driver come out around 2 years ago and nobody had any similar issue?
Now, I'm dissapointed because I don't have any idea. I tried to find something on google and I know a lot of people had similar problem with realtek hd audio manager but I'm not find any solutions.
So I installed back the win10 and I will wait, maybe somebody find an answer for me...

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 09:08:08 pm »
The fact that you say that you can hear sound from all of your speakers when you are testing them through Windows Sound Manager would indicate that the problem is not hardware but software based. Also, you say that you have tried three different versions of Windows OS which all exhibit the same result. This is very unusual and if you are sure that your 5.1 speaker system is functioning correctly then this indicates even more firmly that the problem is one of software.

Without knowing how your PC is setup and the software you are using, solving this kind of issue is almost impossible.

As I said previously, if the problem is present when running a Windows based system, try running a Live install of a Linux based OS. This can help to confirm if hardware is the issue as, if everything works OK in a different OS then the problem really has to be based in the Windows environment. Also, Linux uses different media players and drivers to the Windows versions which can aid in troubleshooting and helping to narrow down the root cause of the problem.

What software are you using to play audio?
Is all of your software legitimate or are you running cracks?
What web browser(s) do you use?
Which anti-virus/malware protection are you running?
Are you sure that the on-board sound is set as the default output device in all of the software you are running?
Does the software you are running have the correct codecs for playing back 5.1 sound?

All of these things and lots of others, can have a bearing on why audio is not playing back correctly and to solve the problem, you will have to look at and consider many things, not just the motherboard, as a possible cause.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.