Official GIGABYTE Forum

Ga 790xta ud4 gigabyte motherboard in newly custom built pc, can't pass startup

I've built my own pc and now that I've gotten as far as the startup page for gigabyte, my keyboard won't work.. I don't understand why, as when my mouse is plugged in via USB it's underbelly light comes on although I can't see it's affect on the screen neither.... I hope this makes sense and there is a machine out the who can help...
Peace

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Hi,

Are you using a USB or PS/2 Keyboard?
If it is a USB keyboard is it plugged into one of the USB2.0 ports rather than the USB3.0 ports?
Is your keyboard connected directly to the PC or through a USB hub? If you are trying to connect through a hub that could be the problem.
Is it a wireless keyboard? Check that it is plugged into one of the USB2.0 ports and that the batteries are OK.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Also make sure that Legacy USB Devices are enabled in the BIOS.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

I've tried plugging the bitchen keyboard( which is USB) to the 3.0 and the standard 2.0 ports.. Had that cuppa And ripped into it with my language.. And you're right nothing happens! So I went and bought a standard keyboard(with the purple fitting) and hit the start button but theres still no response when I hit the function keys! I'm pissed! If any one has any other possible solutions post them please!! I just want to get this hunk of crap running like a beautiful beast she is

absic

• Bandcamp
Hi there,

OK the best advice I can now offer is that you rebuild the PC outside of the case to eliminate the possibility of the motherboard shorting. If you're not sure about putting together your PC outside of the case check out  the first few pages of this build review, which explains the process: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,3619.0.html

Also, if you could post back with your full system specs it would help with troubleshooting.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Ok bro, this things hacked me in the ankles! I've taken the thing apart, put it together on a cardboard box it's running but I'm still suffering from the same issues, I've got a ga-790xta-ud4 gigabyte motherboard, radeon hd 5550 1gb graphics card, 1tb hhd (maplins), cit 700w psu, 2x2gb ram freezer pro rev.2 CPU cooler which cools my and phenom II x6 processor..

Edit: Removed name and telephone number for personal security.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 08:16:50 pm by absic »

absic

• Bandcamp
Just to update this thread. I actually had a chance to chat with Four126 on the telephone and the reason he was having problems was actually due to the CPU not being supported by the BIOS that was shipped with the motherboard.

A quick change of CPU, updating the BIOS to the latest version, swap back to the new CPU and everything worked OK.

For reference the motherboard shipped with F2 BIOS and the X6 CPU was a 1075T which isn't supported until the F4A BIOS.

Guys just to add, Absic helped me over the weekend as he's written in his reply the cause of problem and route to the solution.. Let me just say to all, it is well worth while to post your issues that you are having because there's people out there like Absic who actually go out of their way to help you get up and running while showing you exactly what the route of the problem is and how to go about with fixing it.. Not to mention what a hospitable and welcoming guy, supplying me with a well needed well brewed cuppa I had the pleasure reaping some of the knowledge from this absolute master!!.. Thanks Absic

absic

• Bandcamp
I should point out that I didn't make the cup of tea, my wife did, that's why it tasted so good!

Pleased to have been able to help and even nicer to have a chance to meet a member of the forum and give some hands on help rather than trying to help through words alone.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
He's just lucky he only got offered tea. He could have been given your wife's cooking as well!!! ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

alexr114

Hi

I just wanted to ask a quick question. I had the same problem as Four126 with my AMD 1055t and I have been trying to use a different cpu to flash my board but neither a Phenom II 955 nor an Athlon II X2 260 seems to want to fit in the processor support and I'm getting worried as 2 of the pins bent on my 260 and as the only other working PC uses the 955 I don't want to break that one too. Do you have any good suggestions about what is the best processor to flash with? Im going spare :(

absic

• Bandcamp
Hi Alexr114,

I have replied to your question in your original post here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,4143.0.html It would help if you only posted under that topic until we resolve the problem for you.