Official GIGABYTE Forum

PSU for for GA 8ir533

Shinnen

PSU for for GA 8ir533
« on: April 03, 2010, 03:58:39 pm »
Hi,
      Does anyone know what PSR is recommended for this board?
Thanks,
..... john

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: PSU for for GA 8ir533
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 07:35:39 am »
Hi John,

The PSU you will need really depends on the other parts that are in the computer, CPU, Graphics Card, number of HDD's DVD/CD Drive, add-on cards etc.
If you could post your full specs it would be easier to advise you or you could do a Google search for: PC power Supply Calculator and use one of the many calculators to work out your power needs.

ATB
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Shinnen

Re: PSU for for GA 8ir533
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 03:11:01 pm »
Hi Absic,
     Thanks for the help. I used one of the sites you recommended to determine my power requirements. It comes out at 266 watts. I have a 350 watt unit, so it should be OK. But it's sort of academic at this point, because I switched from a 420 watt unit, thinking that that 'might' be defective, and the source of my freeze ups, but I'm still getting them. So..... I don't think that psu is my problem. I've just swapped out another of my ddr sticks, so we'll see if that's the problem. It's just a minor irritation really. I get freeze-ups during the memory check on 'cold boot' ups. The restart button always solves the problem, so it's not a big deal. Thanks for you help.
....... john