Official GIGABYTE Forum

Issues with my new GTX 970

Issues with my new GTX 970
« on: December 31, 2015, 05:20:09 pm »
GPU: GeForce GTX 970
CPU: AMD A8 6600K APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics
Memory: 8GB RAM

I recently installed my new GPU and after a few issues, I got it running. My GTX 970 that I installed had replaced my old GPU which was an AMD card. Lately, all of the games I have tried to run such as CS:GO and Skyrim, have been running at very low FPS and as it is a GTX 970, I expected an increase not a decrease in frame rate. I have tried changing the settings in the Nvidia control panel - things like the Vsync as my games only run at 40-50 fps on max. When I used my old graphics card, I could run both these games at around 100fps on mid-high settings. So if anybody knows what has happened to my GPU/PC please reply ASAP as I want this to be explained or fixed.  :(

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Issues with my new GTX 970
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 05:35:05 pm »
Hi,

Have you disabled the on-board graphics capability?

What motherboard are you running?

Is the BIOS on your motherboard up-to-date?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 04:00:50 pm »
Hi,
I recently updated my BIOS do you think I should do it again? My motherboard is a Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2, and I have no idea on how to disable the on-board graphics. If you know how to do so, please reply.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 05:14:06 pm »
To disable the on-board graphics, go into BIOS (use the F2 key to go to the advanced page display) and under the Peripherals page you should find a sub heading of GFX Configuration. Click on this heading and the second item should be Integrated Graphics. Click on this and then you can disable the on-board graphics capabilities.

At this stage I wouldn't update the BIOS.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.