Official GIGABYTE Forum

z77x-d3h system reboot while playing games

veefe

z77x-d3h system reboot while playing games
« on: January 21, 2016, 01:38:15 am »
Hi guys,

I am having some issues with my z77x-d3h PC.

1st: While playing some game or doing an 3DMark test, the screen goes black, GPU fans goes to maximum and i get the display error "no signal detected" (the sounds still playing and the PC seems to working on "background". If a hit the case power button the PC shutdown normaly)

2nd: The system reboot while playing or using some 3D resource

3rd: The pc goes to 1st problem then reboot and I get a lot of reboots like the 2nd problem, some times researching to solve this problem on the web, doing some tests to resolve this issue or simply after windows start screen.

So this is the trick part of this problem:
My GPU is a ZOTAC gtx 780 OC
and I first thought that was a GPU problem, so i tested with a gtx 660. Same problems!
so I disabled any internal graphic config in BIOS and the systems work fine!

I put back the gtx780 and everything was great for one day, so I had the same reboot problem! again!

Then I thought that was a power problem due the GPU and other stuff connected in one only rail on my PSU.
I put the GPU (gtx 780) in an exclusive rail on my PSU, tried to ran 3DMark11 test and get some odd crash saying that 3DMark has lost exclusive access to display and aborted the tests. After this, more reboots even when not using hard 3D processes.

Please can any one help?

My specs are:
E3 Xeon 1240 v2
z77x-D3h f18i bios
ZOTAC GTX 780 OC
16gb GSKILL SNIPER