Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77X-D3H (rev. 1.1) Windows 8.1 x64: Yet another USB problem thread

dsch

I've recently updated to BIOS version F16 to fix a GPU problem, but now the 4 VIA USB ports on the back panel have stopped working (no power, no nothing correction: there is some power that lights up my mouse, but it doesn't charge my phone). It's like they have disappeared altogether, because when I try to install any VIA drivers (from the Gigabyte site or newer, VIA drivers), it scans the hardware and tells me "Sorry, the install wizard can't find the supported hardware in your system."

The BIOS options for USB 2 and 3 are enabled. I can't really think of anything else. I found quite a few topics about this but the solutions all involve installing drivers, which I can't do. There was also something about plugging all the ports with things and rebooting, but I've filled all four VIA ports and rebooted with no change.

These are the problem ports:

And this is what my Device Manager looks like:

I'm wondering if those "Generic USB Hub" entries should be VIA ones, but I've had no luck trying to update the drivers on them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: I guess I could try flashing the latest 18i beta drivers, but it says nothing about changes to USB.

Edit: Nothing changes when booting into Windows 10.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:29:12 am by dsch »

dsch

Re: GA-Z77X-D3H (rev. 1.1) Windows 8.1 x64: Yet another USB problem thread
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 02:22:05 am »
Update: Solved!

Gigabyte support suggested this other driver, which works without a hitch: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_etron_usb3.exe