Official GIGABYTE Forum

[How do I do this!] "You need to access your Motherboard's BIOS settings"

LEEZY

• Twitch
I was trying to run games at 1920x1080 however ran into framerate issues to do with my graphics card. So I contacted Nvidia and this is what I was told in the end.

I'm not entirely sure what to state but I will state as much information about my system as I can.

Motherboard System Model: Z97P-D3
System Type: x64-based PC
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. F6, 21/10/2014
SMBIOS Version: 2.7

Nvidia Help: "Now in device manager, expand display adapters and let me know what is listed there"

Me: "Under Display adapters is: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and then there is also NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti"

Nvidia Help: "yep, thats the cause for the issue. The onboard VGA is still enabled which is conflicting with the add on card"

Nvidia Help: "You need to access the motherboard BIOS settings and disable onboard graphics there or set PCIe as primary"

Nvidia Help: "The motherboard in your PC has integrated graphics card which is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and its currently active now which is conflicting with the add on card ( GTX 750ti)"

Nvidia Help: "So you need to access the motherboard BIOS settings and disable onboard graphics there."

Nvidia Help: "I would suggest you to contact the PC / motherboard manufacuturer and ask them how to disable onboard graphics because any improper change may lead to system instability"

I have no idea about accessing said "BIOS" and I am looking to seek help on how to solve this issue, can anyone help me with this situation please? I am really frightened that I may potentially damage my PC without any guidance.

The attachment is a .txt of the entire chat log.

Thank you for reading.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:41:32 am by LEEZY »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: [How do I do this!] "You need to access your Motherboard's BIOS settings"
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 04:15:57 am »
When the computer boots up you have to start to hit the Del key to get into the bios. Once you are in there go to the tab that says Peripherals

You use your arrow keys to move around.

First thing make sure it is booting to the Video card.

Initial Display Output
Specifies the first initiation of the monitor display from the installed PCI graphics card, PCI Express graphics
card or the onboard graphics.

IGFX Sets the onboard graphics as the first display.
PCIe 1 Slot Sets the graphics card on the PCIEX16 slot as the first display. (Default)
PCIe 2 Slot Sets the graphics card on the PCIEX4 slot as the first display.
PCI Sets the graphics card on the PCI slot as the first display.

The second thing is disable the on-board Graphics.

Intel Processor Graphics
Enables or disables the onboard graphics function. (Default: Enabled)

Once you are done with that hit the ESC key it will bring out of the Peripherals page.

Once you are out of that page go to the Save & Exit tab

Then all you do is:

Save & Exit Setup

Press <Enter> on this item and select Yes. This saves the changes to the CMOS and exits the BIOS Setup
program. Select No or press <Esc> to return to the BIOS Setup Main Menu.

That is it you are done.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.