Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z170-HD3P (F5) no video signal

GA-Z170-HD3P (F5) no video signal
« on: February 21, 2016, 01:43:21 pm »
Hi everyone,

first to my system:

CPU: I7 6700
Mainboard: GA-Z170-HD3P (Bios Version F5)
Memory: CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
Grapics Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390x NITRO

My problem is a little bit strange. From the beginning i had problems with my video signal. When I use my R9 390x in the PCIEX16 slot I have no screen after booting. But I hear the computer starts because a time later the windows start sound appears. When I restart the computer and i am lucky I can see video signal with the same configuration... I do not know why. I can restart the computer and all is working well but f.e. when I open bios and save the configuration in bios (although I did not change any settings) the same problem (no video signal) appears again.

When I use PCIEX4 all is working well the hole time and also when i use the onboard vga. Also when I use the Graphicscard with PCIEX16 with another board, all is working. The problem seems to be with the PCIEX16 of my board but it seems to be not damaged at all because some times it is working. Or is it a software (maybe bios) issue?

Did anyone also had this problem or can help me with it?

If you have question please ask.

Thanks
GertPfert
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 01:45:45 pm by GertPfert »

Re: GA-Z170-HD3P (F5) no video signal
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 04:47:17 pm »
Hi,

I replaced my Board With a New z170 hd3p ans I had the same behaviour again. Now I have an Asus Board :-)

Greez