Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-P55A-UD7 Win 7 Pro 64, will not sleep

GA-P55A-UD7 Win 7 Pro 64, will not sleep
« on: April 18, 2010, 01:28:53 am »
It did for a while, but now sleep or hibernate turns off the monitor and a few seconds later everything is running again.

I have disabled all devices from waking from sleet. I have gone through the power settings for everything and disabled any type of power control. I have set power control so it does not say "forever" for any function. BIOS is set to S3.

One driver ACS-6xxx is not installed correctly.  Windows Fix-it can't find a driver.  I have pointed windows at the directories where all the board and other hardware drivers - nothing.  I don't know what ACS-6xxx is; of if it matters.

I have searched the internet. A lot.

My guess is that something is running and won't quit.  I have no idea what that would be.  I have been installing lots of software to do what my 10 year old machine did.  I have downloaded the newest versions before install.  64 bit if available. I have tried stopping all of my running applications and security software - no change.

Any idea how to resolve this or technique for identifying a piece of stubborn code if that is the cause. I have spent way more time on this than it took to build the thing.