Official GIGABYTE Forum

Hoping for fixes on Xtreme Engine

Hoping for fixes on Xtreme Engine
« on: August 08, 2016, 03:57:53 pm »
Hey folks and Gigabyte personnel,

This software is very buggy. I have updated Win10 from 1511 to 1607 and have also updated the Xtreme Engine utility to v1.06 and there are now a number of issues:

1. Issues with DPI scaling on UI. Have to check the compatibility in properties for that to work properly.
2. I have a GTX 1080 G1 Gaming and LEDs sometimes work sometimes won't work. Its a hit or miss really.
3. The software won't start with Windows startup, have to manually start it even though its selected in settings to start. I have also check in Task Manager/Startup and Autorun.exe is set to Enabled.

What did you guys do to screw it up this bad? Is it the new Win10 updates? Is it the new v1.06 update? Are the previous versions available for download? Don't you think they should be?

Gigabyte!!! I feel that a company with your reputation should not be having issues like these in the first place. The software feels very 2005.

danielmt

Re: Hoping for fixes on Xtreme Engine
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 05:20:24 pm »
Same here too on the GTX 1070 G1 Gaming

I have the software installed (1.06) and its not working how it should.
Also, I update the bios of my VGA to F1 that says that it will correct the fans issue. After play a game, one fan remains active even with my temps reach the idle state (< 40º).
This is my second card. The first one was to RMA.
Very disapointed with Gigabyte Pascal series. It is simply a mess. And no one of the gigabyte replies the posts of this forum. A shame indeed!

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 06:57:49 pm »
I'm also not very happy with my card and the Xtreme Engine:
- 50% of the time, the Xtreme Engine crashes when starting Windows and I have to enable it manually afterwards.
- The fans make a weird noise when they start to spin (almost like accessing a very old harddrive), also the fan profile is not stored within the card, so the Xtreme Engine has to run all the time.
- I don't know what the F2 update actually did, I still have some moments, when the fans spin just for a split second and then stop again (making that weird noise I mentioned above).

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 03:29:24 pm »
Downloaded and installed v1.07. The LED configuration seems fixed but the software still won't launch on Windows startup and DPI scaling issues are still there.