Official GIGABYTE Forum

G31M-ES2L won't allow anymore volts on cpu core

G31M-ES2L won't allow anymore volts on cpu core
« on: April 21, 2010, 09:32:27 am »
Im using the 1.1 rev. and a E3200 and i'm really confused with this i've disabled all power saving features in the bios, disabled any programs from starting up uninstalled easytune6 cleaned the registry tryed a diffrent OS, i don't know what to do now... apart for mess around with easytune hoping it will allow the bios to take control or somthing.... i can undervolt thats not a problem well it wasnt in the past, but i've spent hours on google looking for a solution and found one other user with the same problem. easy tune works fine but it means i have to wait till the computers fully booted before the overclock is appled, i can get 3.14 in the bios at stock volts and 3.9 with easytune. The person having ths similar problem is below makes me think to install easytuner again...

"All of sudden the board ceases to supply any more volt then the default 1.26 to the CPU (I,e Default VID of My CPU) no matter how much vcore you pump through Bios, Presently Vcore in bios is 1.4 V But reading in windows is just 1.26 I,e Everest Ultimate Edi (1.25V) & Cpuz (1.268 ) that is why i am not able to cross the limlit of 3.4 Ghz (even without Graphics Card),

This is very strange case, as earlier i was able to get up to 3.8Ghz with 1.42 in bios ( 1.4 In windows) even tested for stabilty with Everest System Stability Test for 1Hour with Max temp @ 66 Deg."

If anyone could help it would save me alot of frustration thanks :)
I forgot to mention i was using bios F8 and upgraded to f10 and still the same problem.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 09:46:17 am by kevtheclocker »