Official GIGABYTE Forum

Constant beeping, no response on monitor.

lowaaa

Constant beeping, no response on monitor.
« on: December 21, 2016, 12:14:36 pm »
My motherboard is the Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3.

I just had installed a new graphics card, the GTX 1060 6GB Strix. I start up the computer and all I hear is the beep for the computer system starting up. Then five beeps go in, and then the monitor goes off, after the monitor is off there are 3 more beeps after this and then nothing at all after a minute and the computer turns off instantly by pressing the power button. There are red lights at the back of the graphics card, but when I had spoken to the Geforce Live chat team, they said it was fine and the five beeps meant there was an issue with the CPU. I was told to contact Gigabyte first, but what they assume is wrong is that theres too much dust in the CPU. I had attempted to contact Gigabyte, but when clicking continue on their tickets it directs me to a whole different page.

I had taken the cpu out, and cleaned the fan, the fan was rather dusty but i don't think this was the issue. After placing the whole cpu back ( I had not taken out the chip itself.) I saw a video about someone cleaning their chip with 91% alcohol tissue kind of thing, I don't have that just laying around so i thought i'd just try cleamning the fan only. i place everything back and then I see a issue, when the computer starts up, I notice the fan struggling to spin, it does one or two mini spins (About 20-30* angle turn) and then it completely spins after that and doesn't have any issues. When the computer starts up, I notice that the same beeps occur.

I really don't know what to do about this issue, maybe I have to clean the chip with the 91% alcohol wipe thing? But when I place my old graphics card back into the computer, the computer boots up perfectly?

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Re: Constant beeping, no response on monitor.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 07:29:44 pm »
I think the issue is video related, not your CPU. 

Please provide your complete system specs.

What is the brand / model of your PSU? 

Did you have proper power connected to the new card? 
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW