Official GIGABYTE Forum

USB Issue on GA-MA78LM-S2 ... Help

USB Issue on GA-MA78LM-S2 ... Help
« on: May 04, 2010, 01:12:38 am »
Hi, I recently installed the Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2 motherboard in a PC I have built. Everything is fine apart from a couple of annoying USB issues that I simply can't seem to resolve.

The issue is currently affecting my Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 mouse and my iPod touch. When connected to the board by USB these items constantly connect and disconnect in a very rapid way making them unusable. I have updated the motherboard BIOS and chipset drivers and am running out of ideas of what could be causing the issue.

I have tried multiple different USB ports and all have this issue with only these items...other mice, keyboards, Wi-FI dongles and USB hard drives are all fine... I am also pretty certain this is not a power issue as the 520 W Corsair PSU I use is more than enough for the PC.

I hope someone has perhaps a solution to this issue as I have no idea where to go from here...thanks.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:15:26 am by EvilMonk »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: USB Issue on GA-MA78LM-S2 ... Help
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 08:38:09 am »
Hi,
it could be a driver error, what OS are you using?

Also, if you could post full system specs it would help as sometimes other hardware can also cause these kind of problems.

ATB
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.