Official GIGABYTE Forum

Can't disconnect Cpu power connector from motherboard

Can't disconnect Cpu power connector from motherboard
« on: September 11, 2017, 01:41:15 am »

My pc's motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6.I am replacing my psu so first I have to disconnect all the power connectors.I was able to disconnect other connectors which I tried to disconnect, even the 24pin connector which some people have problems disconnecting.

But I am not able to disconnect the 4pin Cpu connector(connected to a 8 pin socket)  from the motherboard.I tried squeezing the clip on the left side of the connector and pulling the connector at the same time but it didn't work.I tried to pull the connector using a pliers, no matter how much force I used, it didn't work(also tried squeezing the clip and pulling the connector using plier at the same time). I tried putting a screwdriver between the connector and socket to force to seperate them but it didn't work

I tried to disconnect it for hours but I wasn't able to seperate the connector from the socket even 1mm.

Here is a link to a pic of the motherboard and connector:

http://www.picpaste.com/DSC_1414-ihGHiPDb.jpg

How can I disconnect this connector?

Re: Can't disconnect Cpu power connector from motherboard
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 08:03:34 pm »
Today my father tried several times using his hands and he was unable to disconnect it. Then he tried with pliers using a lot of force and he accomplished.

Re: Can't disconnect Cpu power connector from motherboard
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 11:27:39 am »
Hello,

Sometimes the clip on the side of the connector is always latched no matter how hard you press it. If this happens again and you are replacing the power supply your safest option is to cut the clip / latch on the connector.

But at least its done  :)
My PC is evolving