Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z97 Gaming 7 - Code 32 Constant Boot Loop

Z97 Gaming 7 - Code 32 Constant Boot Loop
« on: September 13, 2017, 11:54:24 am »
I got this board with a pre-overclocked bundle from a reputable UK retailer in mid 2015.

(Intel i7 4790k, 16GB Team Group DDR3 2333mhz, Superflower LeadX 850w PSU).

However, I've been having this problem from time to time with this board even at stock speeds, but it usually sorts itself out.

However, after finally getting around to applying revised OC settings from the retailers technical team, it is now stuck in this boot loop after a BSOD during a burn test with Intel Burn Test.

I've tried all the recommended things, such as resetting the cmos via both the button on the MB, along with the jumper and battery removal method, but to no avail. I even took out the memory and tried individual sticks, and reinserted the CPU, but still no joy!

(This is the first time I've taken CPU out btw).

And I can't seem to get the backup bios to kick in, as this stuck in the boot loop as well, and I've had no luck trying the PSU/Power Switch bios recovery method, which I had used before to restore a corrupted no.1 bios.

Is there anything else I could do, or is it an RMA job?

(According to the error codes in the manual, error 32 is CPU PEI Initialization).

Paul

Re: Z97 Gaming 7 - Code 32 Constant Boot Loop
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 02:50:18 pm »
Hello,

A few questions,

What were the overclocked settings?
What were the revised settings?

Any further details on the problem you were experiencing at stock speeds?

What CPU cooler is being used and what temperature did the CPU reach during IBT?
My PC is evolving

Re: Z97 Gaming 7 - Code 32 Constant Boot Loop
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 03:12:34 pm »
Ok, just booted up with one stick of RAM next to the ATX power, and this time booted ok allowing me to loaded optimised defaults.

Now in Windows 10, and just trying an Intel Burn Test on at stock speeds and the on stick of RAM.

Will see how it goes with both sticks.

ES,

The default cpu speed is 4 ghz w/4.4 turbo, whilst the overclocked speeds were 4.6 for the CPU, and 2133 mhz for the RAM.

The revised settings they sent where because the original OC was unstable, but I've only tried them recently.

I'll post the exact settings later when I have them to hand.

Cheers

Paul
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 03:15:47 pm by Bradburger »