Official GIGABYTE Forum

i7-6700 + Gigabyte Z270MX Gaming 5 mobo = no Turbo Boost?

tboooe

i7-6700 + Gigabyte Z270MX Gaming 5 mobo = no Turbo Boost?
« on: October 06, 2017, 05:21:14 pm »
I am trying to test to make sure Turbo Boost is working on my system. I have it enabled in Bios and have run some test using Prime95. Testing just 1 or 2 cores, I see that the cpu utilization hits 100% for each. However, the frequency never goes above 3.4ghz. I believe this CPU should Turbo up to 4.0ghz on a single core.

Any thoughts on either how to better test or perhaps there is another setting in Bios I need to turn on?  Maybe something to do with voltages?

tboooe

Re: i7-6700 + Gigabyte Z270MX Gaming 5 mobo = no Turbo Boost?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 06:54:10 pm »
I am trying to test to make sure Turbo Boost is working on my system. I have it enabled in Bios and have run some test using Prime95. Testing just 1 or 2 cores, I see that the cpu utilization hits 100% for each. However, the frequency never goes above 3.4ghz. I believe this CPU should Turbo up to 4.0ghz on a single core.

Any thoughts on either how to better test or perhaps there is another setting in Bios I need to turn on?  Maybe something to do with voltages?

Solved it...sort of.  I toggled Speed Step from off to on back to off again in Bios.  Now working!