Official GIGABYTE Forum

Updating Drivers

REMA1

Re: Updating Drivers
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 07:33:06 pm »
thanks for the replies.....When I extract mb_bios_ga-790xta-ud4_f3.  should Icreate a file say for instance "biosF3" put these in a file then copy the file to the usb stick ? OR  should I copy each one individually from the desktop to the uSB stick  (usb stick  is fat 32  )

Will I then aim the QFlash utility at the fie ,in this case "biosF3" or at one of the specific programmes in there i.e 79XTAUD4.F3 (1,024 KB) - autoexec (1KB) - FLASHSPI (26KB).

thanks...just don't want to get this wrong ;.)
JUSTto add when I copy the the 3 progarmmes to the USB stick all three appear there BUT if I close the USB stick then go back to it the autoexec (1KB) fiole appears to have disappeared YET if I try to copy it again onto the stick then it appears to be ther i.e it asks me if I want tocopyand replace the file Or to keep the original or to keep both...

What am I doooooing wrong ?++++
Thanks v.much
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 07:46:10 pm by REMA1 »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 09:08:14 pm »
Hi,

Just copy the extrated folder (mb_bios_ga-790xta-ud4_f3) onto the USB stick (the 3 files still inside it).

In Qflash when you select the folder it will automatically find the correct file and it will ask if you want to update BIOS.

Once BIOS has updated press F10 to shutdown the PC. Reboot and enter BIOS again and load optimized defaults. Save the changes and reboot.

ATB
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

REMA1

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 06:06:38 pm »
hello .... quote "Just copy the extrated folder (mb_bios_ga-790xta-ud4_f3) onto the USB stick (the 3 files still inside it)." Unquote.

so this is the file  that is downloaded direct from the gigabyte website? There instructions indicate that this need to be extratcted ?
1. Download the latest BIOS for your motherboard from Gigabyte’s website.
2. Extract the BIOS file downloaded and save the BIOS file (the one with model
name.Fxx. For example, 7VRXP.F12) to a floppy disk.  UNQUOTE
WEBSITE
http://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/20/HowToReflashBIOS.html

BIOS is here
http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3275

Sorry for being a bit thick

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 10:31:34 pm »
When you download the file it will be in a zip format which you will have to extract to be able to use it. Once extracted there should be three files as absic115 said.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 08:46:43 am »
Hi,

to extract the folders you will need to use either 7Zip, a free programme for extracting/compressing files. You can download it from here: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html or another programme such as WinRar, WinZip etc., but these cost (I tend to like free!)

Sorry for being a bit thick
Not an issue, we have all had to learn and it is better to ask than to do something wrong.  ;)

ATB
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

REMA1

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 04:25:54 pm »
Hello I have managed to update the Bios and manually set up the Dram settings.
The file that is D/L from the gigabyte website will unzip on its own ..that wasn't the problem ...the problem was that I didn't relise that QFlash would show my USB stick as a HDD AND that the  autoexec (1KB) application WOULD NOT show up on the USB stick when I transferred it to the USB stick (although it was there somehow)

So thanks VERY MUCH for the help....I will see if it helps the two or three BSOD's I get per month (usually clso to each other )
The RAM is at 1600mhz and 1,8V    I can still try upping these to 1,9V if I have still get the BSOD

THANKS AGAIN   ;D ;D