Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-EG41MF-US2H Rev 1.3 Bios F5 Dual channel problem

ku21

GA-EG41MF-US2H Rev 1.3 Bios F5 Dual channel problem
« on: July 22, 2010, 06:26:44 pm »
Hi, i have a very big problem. Yesterday i bought that mainboard, and when im going to install it, i see that problem:

I have 4 RAM memories of 1GB each one. If i put 2 memories in the same color shocket, my computer turns on & recognize all the memory without problems. But if i put the four memories toghether, or mix only 2 memories but in different shockets, it doesnt work. I read the manual, see if my bios need an update (doesnt need it, its the last one), tried all the combinatios of memories, and its impossible. All the memories are the same model/mark/speed, and if only put one of them in any shocket, it works, but if i try to put 3 or more gigas using mixed slots, it doesnt boot up & the screen is black.

I hope somebody can help me.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-EG41MF-US2H Rev 1.3 Bios F5 Dual channel problem
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 06:33:53 pm »
You might want to check this thread: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,546.0.html it says that there is a problem if using double sided memory with this motherboard.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.