Official GIGABYTE Forum

Sound problems GigaByte B760 Gaming X DDR 4

Sound problems GigaByte B760 Gaming X DDR 4
« on: April 13, 2024, 10:04:05 pm »
I just built a computer with GigaByte B760 Gaming X DDR 4 and windows 11. Use a Radeon graphic, and I got problems with the sound. The sound mutes +/- 1 second randomly. Only few seconds between it happens.  I uninstalled the Radeonsoftware, but the problem is still there. All software are up to date. What can this be?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Sound problems GigaByte B760 Gaming X DDR 4
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 01:32:42 am »
What do you have the board connected too? A TV, Speakers, or Headset?

Using the Graphics card it is using the HDMI or Display port. When you use the graphics card you have that connected to like a TV or Monitor that has speakers. That is when you using the Video card drivers.

What driver for the sound for the board you using? The are two drivers for the board. Make sure you are using the right one.

One thing you could try is let Windows install the driver and see what happens.

In all the computers I have built. Plus that is like well over a 100. I can't remember when was the last time I installed a sound driver. Since Windows 10 has come out I haven't install any drivers other then the video driver.

If everything you have tried and nothing helps you might have to contact support.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.