Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-880GA-UD3H - unlock cores on Phenom II 555 BE

dieg0

Re: GA-880GA-UD3H - unlock cores on Phenom II 555 BE
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2010, 11:37:19 am »
Have you tried going directly to GGTS and asking them to do this to a BIOS?

Just enter your email address and click on the language of choice.
GGTS   http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw/Default.aspx

Yes , first response

Dear Diego,

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, there are several possibilities to effect the result of CPU unlock, for example, CPU quality and process, etc. Therefore, we are not able to guarantee the result. If currently your CPU cannot unlock, then we will suggest you to test with other CPU and see how it works. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

2  response

Dear Diego,

Since we have limited resources and mass email coming, to make sure every customer can receive timely support, we appreciate you DO NOT issue two similar question. This can shorten service time and make everybody happy.

In your case, we have found another duplicated inquiry in our system, to make sure all the information can be tracked, we will response to E-mail ID: 1018284 for your reference. In which case, please neglect this email.

If you have questions different from original, please use "New Question" button to issue a form. If the question is the same to previous one, please click "Ask more question" after you receive our response. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Regards,
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

3 response
Dear Diego,

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, there are several possibilities to effect the result of CPU unlock, for example, CPU quality and process, etc. Therefore, we are not able to guarantee the result. If currently your CPU cannot unlock, then we will suggest you to test with other CPU and see how it works. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

whose face is gigabyte! I have a totally useful core, ASUS motherboard tested. and I put in the mail! clear!

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2010, 11:44:00 am »
I do wonder sometimes if they really do not understand what they are being asked or are just generally obstructive.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:05:27 pm by runn3R »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

dieg0

« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2010, 11:51:03 am »
I do wonder sometimes if they really do not understand what they are being asked or are just generally obstructive.

A new I have sent mail

I have a perfect extra core placac tested on Asus, hos creis that we have plenty of money to change processors or plates every two days? bios does not unlock any 555be, and that does not put in the product box, or notifies the seller it is a hoax! and you have a lot of people pissed at the track.
Read this forum and this Hamuche more:

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=2409.0
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:05:56 pm by runn3R »

« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2010, 08:14:24 am »
Hi Guys,
I have been thinking of getting the GA-880GA-UD3H for a while, well at least until I read this forum. Has anyone got this mobo to unlock all 4 cores yet?
I spoke to a person from another forum and they said that the GA-880GMA-UD2H can unlock the cores. This is the same board except it is the microATX equivalent. Can anyone confirm that this board supports it? If so I'm going MicroATX!!!

dieg0

« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2010, 11:49:08 am »
Hi Guys,
I have been thinking of getting the GA-880GA-UD3H for a while, well at least until I read this forum. Has anyone got this mobo to unlock all 4 cores yet?
I spoke to a person from another forum and they said that the GA-880GMA-UD2H can unlock the cores. This is the same board except it is the microATX equivalent. Can anyone confirm that this board supports it? If so I'm going MicroATX!!!

Hi I have it, the plate is fine, but if you try to unlock I would go even asus, I tell you my experience, I have a phenom 555be in 880ga I unlocked and let me start with the s*** of the autoloock (it sucks very fat) I tested my mic on a asus evo and gives me a core most perfect, I've been fighting with the service from gigabyte and are the worst, I was told that I bought a better quality mic a shame and I'm going to put contact someone higher for service to complain about the questions and answers, only make the problem off the top.

« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2010, 12:38:14 pm »
Hi Guys,

I have GA-880GMA-UD2H and Phenom BE555 - unlock doesn´t go! Asus unlock OK.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:07:35 pm by runn3R »

proxy

• Nuts.
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2010, 11:47:23 pm »
Wow, there's a lot of anger on this thread.  I can understand everyone's frustration but everyone needs to stay calm  :).  Getting incredibly upset and using harsh language rarely helps, however, I can certainly understand with the way Gigabyte Support seems to be treating support requests.

I've been using Asus boards for AMD builds lately, well the last two, used a M4A88TD, and currently a M4A890GTD I'm putting a 1090T into.  I did a 555 BE build last month on the M4A88 but could only unlock 1 core, so people should keep in mind that they should be sure their CPUs can unlock successfully at all before going ballistic on Gigabyte ;).

It's sad that I had to resort to using a different manufacturer for the time being.  I even recommended an Asus Sabretooth to a guy doing a 970 build over a Gigabyte x58 board just because I'm so disappointed in their support.

It's really a shame since I've been a huge Gigabyte supporter the last 2 years after using one of their EP45 LGA775 boards, and had been using them almost exclusively since, other than one Foxxcon board, I just love the 8 SATA ports on their 8XX series boards.  Gigabyte boards do seem to boot slower than other boards though.  I'd never had cause to contact their support department before, but from what contact I've had with them now I've greatly soured on them as an organization.  Dark Mantis has it, great product, poor after sale support.  I'm going to say Gigabyte Support is shooting the company in the foot with their heavy handed and unsympathetic response to consumers.  Not that three less motherboard sales are really going to impact their bottom line though  ;D.

proxy

• Nuts.
« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2010, 11:54:09 pm »
Oh, as an aside I need a I/O shield for that GA-880GA-UD3H from the build from over 3 months ago, it seems that's the motherboard of never ending issues.  I guess Gigabyte is going to get at least another $20 from me  :o.

dieg0

« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2010, 08:51:41 am »
Wow, there's a lot of anger on this thread.  I can understand everyone's frustration but everyone needs to stay calm  :).  Getting incredibly upset and using harsh language rarely helps, however, I can certainly understand with the way Gigabyte Support seems to be treating support requests.

I've been using Asus boards for AMD builds lately, well the last two, used a M4A88TD, and currently a M4A890GTD I'm putting a 1090T into.  I did a 555 BE build last month on the M4A88 but could only unlock 1 core, so people should keep in mind that they should be sure their CPUs can unlock successfully at all before going ballistic on Gigabyte ;).

It's sad that I had to resort to using a different manufacturer for the time being.  I even recommended an Asus Sabretooth to a guy doing a 970 build over a Gigabyte x58 board just because I'm so disappointed in their support.

It's really a shame since I've been a huge Gigabyte supporter the last 2 years after using one of their EP45 LGA775 boards, and had been using them almost exclusively since, other than one Foxxcon board, I just love the 8 SATA ports on their 8XX series boards.  Gigabyte boards do seem to boot slower than other boards though.  I'd never had cause to contact their support department before, but from what contact I've had with them now I've greatly soured on them as an organization.  Dark Mantis has it, great product, poor after sale support.  I'm going to say Gigabyte Support is shooting the company in the foot with their heavy handed and unsympathetic response to consumers.  Not that three less motherboard sales are really going to impact their bottom line though  ;D.

Hi, this is very well you say, but the reality is different, I tell my case, I have 555 + 880ga UD3H be, I tried my 555 on an asus motherboard evo, and I have a perfect core and the other as it could stabilize with the right tools, and 880ga not start me if I try to unlock with the s*** release system auto unloock gigabyte, which is a fear in comparison to all I have seen, gives no option at all, or unlock the two core stable or forget, half possible conclusion is that you tap one with the two cores stable to boot. I've done more than write email telling them my problem (which actually is their problem as a problem of s*** car system unloock release) and no case, just make removing the dead and the last one tell me to buy a microprocessor better quality (if I could I comparia the x6 but save me a hard time to change the board microprocessor and RAM memory and not served anything from old pc) and the problem is with my board does not micro as they suggest , and I've tried in another Asus Evo, are limiting me to 33% (safe) and maybe 50% (if I can stabilize the other core) of my system, you have to do is to fix and support your auto unloock system sucks huge, and if this is not for cabrears,it will tell me and you, a greeting to all and happy new year.

b_force

« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2010, 09:12:03 am »
dieg0 can you use some punctuation?
It's a little bit hard to read this way.

No updates from my side.
I think I'll send first the Gigabyte board first and let them confirm that it just doesn't work.
There are few laws more precise than those of perfect molecular chaos

dieg0

« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2010, 09:24:25 am »
dieg0 can you use some punctuation?
It's a little bit hard to read this way.

No updates from my side.
I think I'll send first the Gigabyte board first and let them confirm that it just doesn't work.

B_force Hi, do you mean with punctuation? pardon my English is google translator. my gigabyte sent me pictures like that works with a 555 debloqueo but clear with good extra cores do not know if that was the revision c3 is my processor and mine is 2x2 555be phenom. But not far from me fio Photos

b_force

« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2010, 10:42:36 am »
Google translate does know the word punctuation  ;) :D

Or:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 10:48:33 am by b_force »
There are few laws more precise than those of perfect molecular chaos

dieg0

« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2010, 11:00:02 am »
Google translate does know the word punctuation  ;) :D

Or:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Ok, but better to write in Spanish, since the translations are painful! This picture was sent from gigabyte, but because I do not trust this release the two processor cores or have been able to cheat when they open the hidden nucleus. They maintain that their system works well Nuclei release, but the reality is that I do not work, not even if I boot the pc active unlock bios, and I repeat I tested the chip on a motherboard Asus Evo and I have a perfect extra core.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:12:52 pm by runn3R »

j5

« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2011, 03:25:58 pm »
Hi Guys,
Don't bet on it. I have built 2 of the UD2H boards and 2 555BE CPUs with no luck in any combination. Go with ****.(moderated)

The key issue here is that the cores are not even detected, nevermind unlock stability. That's a big fail in my book (not that I'm angry about it, it is what it is. Live and learn and research more for the next build)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 03:41:46 pm by Dark Mantis »

dieg0

« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2011, 06:06:36 pm »
Hi Guys,
Don't bet on it. I have built 2 of the UD2H boards and 2 555BE CPUs with no luck in any combination. Go with ****.(moderated)

The key issue here is that the cores are not even detected, nevermind unlock stability. That's a big fail in my book (not that I'm angry about it, it is what it is. Live and learn and research more for the next build)

Hello , 880ga me in the UD3H, I also not detected nuclei, and Asus Evo detected a friend to me the first and I have a good nucleus, someone got it detected in the nuclei 880ga? I have asked to put in a gigabyte bios ACC 7xx series (I think it is problem of Auto Unlock, my opinion is not it a Expert) we'll see if it repaired or not.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 06:17:41 pm by dieg0 »