Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-880GA-UD3H - unlock cores on Phenom II 555 BE

j5

Re: GA-880GA-UD3H - unlock cores on Phenom II 555 BE
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2011, 08:29:12 pm »
Hi Guys,
I have been thinking of getting the GA-880GA-UD3H for a while, well at least until I read this forum. Has anyone got this mobo to unlock all 4 cores yet?
I spoke to a person from another forum and they said that the GA-880GMA-UD2H can unlock the cores. This is the same board except it is the microATX equivalent. Can anyone confirm that this board supports it? If so I'm going MicroATX!!!
Don't bet on it. I have built 2 of the UD2H boards and 2 555BE CPUs with no luck in any combination. Go with ****.(moderated)

The key issue here is that the cores are not even detected, nevermind unlock stability. That's a big fail in my book (not that I'm angry about it, it is what it is. Live and learn and research more for the next build)

Hello , 880ga me in the UD3H, I also not detected nuclei, and Asus Evo detected a friend to me the first and I have a good nucleus, someone got it detected in the nuclei 880ga? I have asked to put in a gigabyte bios ACC 7xx series (I think it is problem of Auto Unlock, my opinion is not it a Expert) we'll see if it repaired or not.
Yes, that's the main subject of this thread. Auto-unlock doesn't detect additional cores on the 555BE with the Gigabyte 880G chipset.

oh well.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:57:16 pm by Dark Mantis »

dieg0

« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2011, 08:46:42 pm »
Hi Guys,
I have been thinking of getting the GA-880GA-UD3H for a while, well at least until I read this forum. Has anyone got this mobo to unlock all 4 cores yet?
I spoke to a person from another forum and they said that the GA-880GMA-UD2H can unlock the cores. This is the same board except it is the microATX equivalent. Can anyone confirm that this board supports it? If so I'm going MicroATX!!!
Don't bet on it. I have built 2 of the UD2H boards and 2 555BE CPUs with no luck in any combination. Go with ****.(moderated)

The key issue here is that the cores are not even detected, nevermind unlock stability. That's a big fail in my book (not that I'm angry about it, it is what it is. Live and learn and research more for the next build)

Hello , 880ga me in the UD3H, I also not detected nuclei, and Asus Evo detected a friend to me the first and I have a good nucleus, someone got it detected in the nuclei 880ga? I have asked to put in a gigabyte bios ACC 7xx series (I think it is problem of Auto Unlock, my opinion is not it a Expert) we'll see if it repaired or not.
Yes, that's the main subject of this thread. Auto-unlock doesn't detect additional cores on the 555BE with the Gigabyte 880G chipset.

oh well.

And he hopes to fix gigabyte? to piss off all those who have bought? to sell fewer motherboards? I do not understand gigabyte.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:58:22 pm by Dark Mantis »

j5

« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2011, 09:02:16 pm »
And he hopes to fix gigabyte? to piss off all those who have bought? to sell fewer motherboards? I do not understand gigabyte.
If the level of complaints get high enough, or if market share slips, there is compulsion to fix. If it is just a small number of issues, it is a waste of resources. This is not a warranty covered item, and the supported functions continue to work, so there you are.

dieg0

« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2011, 09:30:54 pm »
If the level of complaints get high enough, or if market share slips, there is compulsion to fix. If it is just a small number of issues, it is a waste of resources. This is not a warranty covered item, and the supported functions continue to work, so there you are.

ok, but we have sold a technology that does not work properly Auto-unlock! And that is to deceive consumers. Nowhere in the product set that is not compatible with 555be, just put Auto-unlock, I bought this board for this option (and not from the cheap to fool us) if you buy the Asus. And my feeling is that Gigabyte has fooled me with the Auto-unlock.

dieg0

« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2011, 10:46:48 am »

ok, but we have sold a technology that does not work properly Auto-unlock! And that is to deceive consumers. Nowhere in the product set that is not compatible with 555be, just put Auto-unlock, I bought this board for this option (and not from the cheap to fool us) if you buy the Asus. And my feeling is that Gigabyte has fooled me with the Auto-unlock.

Last email Gigabyte:

Yes, we understand that you had written several times; however, we are sorry to say this again, CPU unlock depends on CPU quality that we are not able to guarantee the result.

From previous email, we had provided the photo shows you our test result: our BIOS has no problem to detect quality CPU to unlock. We appreciate your understanding that even AMD are not able to guarantee their CPU to unlock. If AMD can guarantee on the unlock result, we suggest you to contact AMD directly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

My response
On 9 times! my 2x2 555 black edition phenom is good quality! has a perfect extra core tested in a motherboard Asus Evo! I told you nine times! The fault lies not with AMD, Gigabyte is to blame! , anyone with phenom 2x2 555 Black Edition Gigabyte plates and 8xx series will detect cores! The photo you sent me is unlocked with a 555 to dry (not the Black Edition), and stop accusing me to AMD, Gigabyte is to blame if the next answer is not positive for all 2x2 owners phenom 555 black edition we will begin to contact in various forums with computer magazines (worldwide, not only in Spain) and even complain to the consumer affairs office for misleading advertising, to tell our disappointment with Gigabyte and false advertising, saying that you do not do more than say that the fault of AMD processors to be functional and unlock it perfect on other boards as Asus. and the Gigabyte or detect the nuclei are well or poorly.

b_force

« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2011, 03:06:25 pm »
Looking at this forum and thread:
http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/535501-official-amd-k10-5-core-cache-167.html

A lot of experiences, and the results of Gigabyte are variable
Some good results with the GA-880GA-UD3H.

I don't get it any more  ??? >:(
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:08:12 pm by b_force »
There are few laws more precise than those of perfect molecular chaos

j5

« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2011, 07:15:10 pm »
Same at Newegg

Sparky is unhappy, while PK is satisfied.

Odd indeed.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2011, 08:11:48 pm »
It is  a funny situation as some people seem to have much more luck than others with the same hardware. :-\

It would seem to be a BIOS issue though and Gigabyte should do a rewrite to address it.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

proxy

• Nuts.
« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2011, 03:38:46 am »
I have three x2 555 BEs at the moment ready to put into builds, one of which is a beast so far on a M4A89GTD PRO USB3 I have handy until the user's 1090T arrives for me to complete his build.  It overclocks to 4 on stock everything stable on OCCT and Prime95, haven't pushed beyond this yet. All cores unlock and boots to 4GHz on stock but haven't fully tested yet.  Will have to see how far the OC goes on stock as a quad with a swapped in OCZ Vendetta 2.

When I get my hands on the GA-880GA-UD3H from a few months ago to replace the I/O shield, I'm going to temporarily swap the cores and see what results I get.  Just a wild guess, but I suspect that the Gigabyte 8xx series boards are just not as good or forgiving with weaker processors, while the Asus 8xx series boards seem to fare better.  If that's the case then I'm expecting the high quality processor I'm calling Betsy now will still shine on the Gigabyte and the other swappie will be passable on the Asus.

Also I look forward to when Intel i5s and up start dropping in price so I can start doing Intel builds again =).

b_force

« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2011, 07:31:32 am »
Betsy?  :D :D :D

On overclock.net people seems to have more luck.
Someone is talking about the C3 stepping (don't know which mine is).

Wondering if there are maybe some differences about the boards from Europe and the VS.
But that's very unlikely I think (far-fetched)
There are few laws more precise than those of perfect molecular chaos

dieg0

« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2011, 08:14:12 am »
Betsy?  :D :D :D

Wondering if there are maybe some differences about the boards from Europe and the VS.

Hi B force, c3 referred to the revision of the Phenom you can look through the CPUZ I leave a picture. overclock.net you could put a link to the page where they talk of C3? Regards, the problem I think the code is much more sensitive than in the release of the 7xx series, and gigabyte not take more than 10 minutes to make the system release 8xx series.

Last gigabyte:
:    Dear Diego,

We are really sorry for this issue, but as we mentioned, we cannot guarantee the result of CPU unlock, if you think the problem belongs to the MB, we suggest you to contact with your supplier or our local distributor and see if they could help you do the further examination.

Regards,
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

my answer

If you can do! what you have to do is fix our problem! you have to modify the bios so that the reading of the release of nuclei is not so demanding! (saying it in abbreviated form), the problem is the bios progamacion and deveria gigabyte fix it because their competitors such as Asus is well above gigabyte, with Advanced Clock Calibration 7xx you were well above and in the series Asus 8xx you did not either! because that neglect by size of the programming of the bios? And the problem is not the UD3H 880ga is the bios programming! so that no more than gigabyte programmers can fix it, if I go to buy the board I will send to you! So save us the nonsense. I do not like me dizzy! I hope its good news! But so will choose to do everything possible and necessary for other ways for us to fix it or a refund of our purchase and sell what is not real! And of course contact the appropriate person gigabyte as in the technical servivio that you do not do more haggling! I hope your news.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:54:45 am by dieg0 »

dieg0

« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2011, 11:39:54 am »
Betsy?  :D :D :D

Hi B force, c3 referred to the revision of the Phenom you can look through the CPUZ I leave a picture. overclock.net you could put a link to the page where they talk of C3? Regards, the problem I think the code is much more sensitive than in the release of the 7xx series, and gigabyte not take more than 10 minutes to make the system release 8xx series.

Last gigabyte:
:    Dear Diego,

We are really sorry for this issue, but as we mentioned, we cannot guarantee the result of CPU unlock, if you think the problem belongs to the MB, we suggest you to contact with your supplier or our local distributor and see if they could help you do the further examination.

Regards,
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

my answer

If you can do! what you have to do is fix our problem! you have to modify the bios so that the reading of the release of nuclei is not so demanding! (saying it in abbreviated form), the problem is the bios progamacion and deveria gigabyte fix it because their competitors such as Asus is well above gigabyte, with Advanced Clock Calibration 7xx you were well above and in the series Asus 8xx you did not either! because that neglect by size of the programming of the bios? And the problem is not the UD3H 880ga is the bios programming! so that no more than gigabyte programmers can fix it, if I go to buy the board I will send to you! So save us the nonsense. I do not like me dizzy! I hope its good news! But so will choose to do everything possible and necessary for other ways for us to fix it or a refund of our purchase and sell what is not real! And of course contact the appropriate person gigabyte as in the technical servivio that you do not do more haggling! I hope your news.

Last gigabyte:

Dear Diego,

Since the result of CPU unlock depends on the quality of CPU which is not able to guarantee, please contact with your supplier for further test.

Regarding to your suggestion, this mail has been forward to relevant department, possible improvement will be made under a comprehensive evaluation.

Regards,
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

hi this is the last message I have sent, not whether it will be a joke or not! wait a bit to see if it is true or not.

j5

« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2011, 02:16:55 pm »

All 555 BE should be C3 stepping.

Something is certainly funky, and I doubt GB has enough statistics to determine exactly what. Hopefully b_force's board submission will shed some light on it.
Thanks for being the test subject b_force.

jcage

« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2011, 05:20:24 pm »
i have the revision2.2 880ga-ud3h (F6 bios) mobo with the phenom II 555 be and when I use the unlock cpu choice when i save the changes computer shutdown and do not open (to open it i have to reset the pc every time I turn on the computer and no new cores are available at bios menu) all this till I turn disable the cpu unlock choice...

dieg0

« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2011, 02:39:37 pm »
i have the revision2.2 880ga-ud3h (F6 bios) mobo with the phenom II 555 be and when I use the unlock cpu choice when i save the changes computer shutdown and do not open (to open it i have to reset the pc every time I turn on the computer and no new cores are available at bios menu) all this till I turn disable the cpu unlock choice...

CSFA Hi, I have the R 2.1 and 555be F7 and I'm like you, I tried it on an Asus Evo and I unlock a perfect core, but I 880ga not read them, I received new gigabyte response and are not planning anything about it, are liars and sell smoke and defective systems that do not fulfill their function (the release of nuclei)

Gigabyte Last post:

Dear Diego,

Although we have forwarded your mail to relevant department, as we mentioned before, after testing we can unlock the core, the BIOS is not the problem. The result of unlock core depends on the quality of the CPU, which even AMD are not able to guarantee. We suggest you to send your system to your supplier for further test.

Regards,
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY