Official GIGABYTE Forum

Help getting DS3 mobo to recognise USB audio device in Realtek Audio Manager

Well the title says it all.. i have a GA-965P-DS3 and i`ve got realtek audio manager installed (windows 7).... how do i get it to recognise my USB headset so that i can adjust the appropriate settings in the audio manager.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Normally when you plug something into one of the audio ports it autosenses it and asks for confirmation of the device.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

yes exactly.. but this is a USB headset... hence i had to plug it into a usb port so realtek didnt detect anything

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Hi there,

If you right click on the Loudspeaker Icon in the Notification area of the taskbar the sound properties dialogue box pops up. Under Playback you will need to set the USB headset as your chosen default playback/recording device if you want to use it all the time.

If you are going to use it for some programs, such as Rosetta Stone or other voice recognition software this is the only way of getting it to recognise the USB Headset. If you are using the headset for MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Skype or a similar program, you will usually need to plug the USB headset in before opening the program and then setting it up through the applications own options. This will normally be something like Audio & Video setup or Options.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
yes exactly.. but this is a USB headset... hence i had to plug it into a usb port so realtek didnt detect anything

Sorry my mistake I missed the USB part.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

absic

• Bandcamp
Dark Mantis wearing his new glasses!  ::)

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
Hey nice picture. I didn't realise that anyone was looking at the time. That was before the hair transplant I might add.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Hi there,

If you right click on the Loudspeaker Icon in the Notification area of the taskbar the sound properties dialogue box pops up. Under Playback you will need to set the USB headset as your chosen default playback/recording device if you want to use it all the time.

If you are going to use it for some programs, such as Rosetta Stone or other voice recognition software this is the only way of getting it to recognise the USB Headset. If you are using the headset for MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Skype or a similar program, you will usually need to plug the USB headset in before opening the program and then setting it up through the applications own options. This will normally be something like Audio & Video setup or Options.
but realtek still isnt detecting it..... i want to be able to fiddle with the equalization, room setting etc...

absic

• Bandcamp
I don't think you can adjust it through Realtek.  :-\

As it is a USB device it will have Windows drivers, not the Realtek ones and as far as I know, the only adjustment that can be made is to increase or decrease the volume.

What are you going to use the headset for. Everything or just some apps? If everything you need to set the USB headset to be the default device in windows sound properties. This can't be done from the realtek properties. If you are only going to use the headset in certain apps you need to setup the headset in the programs settings. IMHO USB headsets are more work than they are worth. I'm a member in a gaming community that uses Teamspeak 3 and all I do is help people get USB headsets working. I have found some headsets will never work in Vista or Windows 7. Does your headset claim it supports windows 7? If so you should be able to get it working. If not you have a 50/50 chance of getting it working.

Bill
Main Box*i7 930@3.5 Ghz*CM V6 GT*GA X58A-UD3R v2 FB bios*3x4 gig Patriot DDR3 1600 EL*EVGA GTX 460 1 gig*OCZ Vertex 3 MI 120 gig*WD  Blue 500 gig*ASUS DRW-24B3LT*Samsung SH-S223L*Teac Floppy*Corsair AX750*Rosewill R6AR6-BK case*Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1