Have just setup a new pc with the following spec in an Thermaltake SwordM case:

Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Intel X58
ASUS GTX275
CORSAIR 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 PC3-16000MHzl
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
Thermaltake Tougower 1500W Power Supply
Sony Optiarc DRU-860S 22x DVD±RW SATAl

On first startup, I hooked up just 1 mem stick (2gb) and left out the Sony optical drive. worked sweet for 1 hour. Next day after work i tried to power up the pc.

On powering up, all I see is the Clr CMOS switch and Power lights. when i hit the power swtich n the mobo it just starts up and then shuts down and trys to start up but fails, keeps repeating the same cyle over and over.

I've checked the following:

- MB is seated properly with all grounding posts in place
- Power cords secured into MB (2x4pin for the cpu and 20+4 pin for the MB)

i took out the mobo and unplgged everything from it next i only plugged the 2x4 pin for the cpu, 20x4pin for the mobo and the 1 stick of ram still same issue as above i have tried every stick of ram even had the gfx card unplugged. so angry i got all my part over the net from different state and cant take it so they can test all the part, i have to ship it. i'm thinking of just going to a computer store and paying 100$ for them to test everything. i dont know i'm so confused.

Any suggestions / help would be greatly appreciated.

Beekeeper

Re: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 -> won't POST, Power & Clr CMOS lights are on
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 08:24:09 am »
(...) i took out the mobo and unplgged everything from it next i only plugged the 2x4 pin for the cpu, 20x4pin for the mobo and the 1 stick of ram still same issue as above i have tried every stick of ram even had the gfx card unplugged.(...)

so have you tried with only CPU installed (no other components)? if yes then have you heard any beeps from PC speaker?

when you install only 1 memory module then put it into DDR3_1 or DDR3_3.

try to do CMOS clear - unplug the power cord from PSU, take off the battery, press CMOS clear button, wait 10 minutes.

BTW: 100$ for test :o isn't it a bit too much???
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 08:26:55 am by Beekeeper »
“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”