Official GIGABYTE Forum

BIOS problem

BIOS problem
« on: November 27, 2010, 01:05:08 pm »
hello, i have a motherboard Gygabite GA-M56S-S3 and last night i use Face-Wizard from gygabite official site and i change logo screen, after restart my pc dont work anymore, monitor remains in standby (yellow led). i remove ram,video card, hdd and motherboard dont make any doesn't make any sound (no beeps), i remouve bios battery and nothing.

any solution ?

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: BIOS problem
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 01:30:07 pm »
Hi and welcome to the Gigabyte UK Forum.

I won't ask which Hackers film the username came from  ;)

I can only assume that the file you uploaded for the BIOS to display was the wrong size or formatted wrongly or something similar.

You can try doing the CMOS clear again but make sure that it is cleared this time by removing the power cable from the mains supply and then press the power switch on the case for a few seconds just to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.
Once done remove the motherboard battery for at least ten minutes before replacing it.
Next plug back into the mains supply and boot.
You will now need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Opimised BIOS Defaults.
Go to the page for the booting up section and select quick boot and disable fullscreen logo
Make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self and then press F10 to save and exit.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:33:11 pm by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 01:38:33 pm »
i try but nothing, monitor remains in standby and  i cant go in bios setup

PS: is a old nick name, i use it on forums, i'm not a hacker ... i crusch my BIOS :))

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 01:41:13 pm »
I thought it came from ACID burn and ZERO cool from the first Hackers film.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 01:43:19 pm »
Hi there you could try getting the back-up BIOS to kick in by this method:
To kick in the backup BIOS  shut down the PSU from the wall, then hold down your case power button in and then turn on the power supply button, a few seconds later the board will start, shut off the power supply then.
Then you turn on the power supply again and power up the board normally and DualBIOS should kick in.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

jolphil

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 01:42:33 pm »
Apologies to the OP but I wonder if absic could answer a couple of questions about doing this:
Sorry to say I am a bit thick about this procedure..I need a clarification of terms..Do you mean Unplug the power AC  connector from the wall?
Then while holding the front power button in,re plug in the power supply AC plug?Then if  it starts do you shut the computer off again by the front power button, or the rear power supply switch or Un plug the AC cable from the wall?
Then turn on the computer via the front panel switch and the Backup BIOS should kick in...
As I said I am a bit thick as to the proper procedure so If I need it I only will have one chance to get it right..
Thank you,
jolphil ???
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 12:52:27 pm by absic »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 01:53:25 pm »
To acidzero:
Sorry but when I originally posted my reply I hadn't double checked your motherboard and sadly it doesn't have a back-up BIOS to kick in!  :'( You can still try this procedure to see if it works but I really don't think it will work for you.

To clarify this procedure for Jolphil and others trying to kick in the dual bios.....
You need to turn the power off at the wall socket.
Hold the power button down on the PC Case and turn the power on from the wall, then as the PC Starts immediately turn the power off at the wall (pull the plug) again.
Then try starting as normal.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 08:04:44 am by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.