Official GIGABYTE Forum

Just need to work out my Rev number, my manual says 1001, but is that 1.0 or 1.1

Hi I am new to this website, but I just need to clarify my rev number for my Gigabyte S - Series Motherboard. I have the GA-G41MT-ES2L Motherboard installed and I am just trying to work out what my Revision number is. My manual says 1001, but I don't know if that means it is a 1.0 or 1.1, so thats all I need help with.

Also, if my manual  says rev: 1001 and the PDF manual file on the installation disc says rev: 1001, does that mean my motherboard is a rev: 1001 or do I seriously have to pull apart my damn machine just to confirm it? The reason is, that I saw on my manual where the Rev number is, but it appears to be listed right behind where my main colling fan (power box) is located, so i cannot see it, so I cannot stuff around with that, so I was wondering if there is another way, in the computer software to locate it, either by accessing Bios settings or by checking some file on my computer.

I also wanna find out what my serial number is, my torch is on the blink so I cannot afford new batteries for it yet as it uses the huge ones. But is there some file somewhere on my computer that will have this information, that I am able to read? Any help anyone can give me would be grateful. Thanks :)

Also please remember I am new to this kind of stuff, so please take it easy on me and speak a language called English please, lol, Thank you.

PS: So you know why i need to know this, it is because I have to do an update, because of a problem with a PC game that uses Tages, and it isn't working the activation and it talks about updating your bios/motherboard software, and I don't wish to update the driver unless I know exactly the correct rev number etc, so i don't stuff my computer up.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Hi and welcome to the Gigabyte Forum.

No problem with the revision number. It is printed in white paint on the bottom left hand side near the PCI slots on the motherboard. It is also on the sticker on the outside of the box the motherboard came in along with the serial number etc.

If you are going to update the BIOS make sure that you use QFlash and not @BIOS as it is much safer. If you require any help please post back. ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB