Official GIGABYTE Forum

MA770T-UD3 booting into Windows 7 issues. Need Help!!!!

emersj

MA770T-UD3 booting into Windows 7 issues. Need Help!!!!
« on: January 03, 2011, 11:24:10 pm »
I currently put together a build for a customer that requested a AMD setup and I purchased a AMD Phenom x4 945 BE and 2x2gb of gskill 1600mhz memory. I have a 160gb Western Digital SATAII drive for windows as well. The issue I am having is I got Windows 7 64 bit Professional to install properly and download all updates but once I went to restart the system the machine has been going into a complete Restart Cycle over and over.

I have cleared the CMOS, removed the battery for 20 minutes, tried all default settings and even tried to reinstall the OS which sends me into a restart cycle as well. The motherboard is reading all the RAM and also reads the CPU at correct frequency. I have tested the hard drive in my other desktop and it boots up perfectly.

This board is revision 1.4 with BIOS F7.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: MA770T-UD3 booting into Windows 7 issues. Need Help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 10:12:44 am »
Hi there,

apart from the components you have listed what Graphics Card and Power Supply are you using?
Do you have any other add-on cards installed?

When faced with similar problems I have found the best thing to do is build the basics outside of the PC Case, just to ensure there are no electrical shorts etc. Keep things as basic as possible using just the CPU, one stick of RAM, Graphics Card and see if you can then get into BIOS.

If you can get into BIOS I would recommend updating to the latest BIOS Version which for your motherboard is F8. You can download it from here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3533&dl=1#bios and use the QFlash Utility to update it.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.