Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-EP45-UD3P.Cannot copy large files.HELP?

GA-EP45-UD3P.Cannot copy large files.HELP?
« on: August 09, 2009, 05:31:23 pm »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi to you all!

From the beggining, when I bought this motherboard (EP45-UD3P rev.1.1) I have had several problems.

One problem that still remains, is with my network adapters (it has two Realtek PCI-Express Gigabit 8111C NICs..)

This motherboard is on a Windows 2003 Server. When I try to copy from a Windows 7 client computer (say, a 3GB file) the copy itself stops at 40-50%..and the connection suspends for 20 seconds and then its up again...NO remote connection, NO network connectivity at all!! (speaking for the server... the client keeps the connections alive. I have internet, I see the other computers etc.)

My network contains :

• 1 Server (Windows 2003 Server, with the GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard)
    3 client computers (2 Vista, 1 Windows 7 64bit RC)
    Linksys WRT610N Gigabit router
    All computers connected to router with Cat.6 cables

I tried several drivers for the REALTEK nic but nothing, also tried several different settings with the nic drivers.....The problem remains..

I tried copying large files between the clients, Success! The problem is only with the Server.

Someone having the same issue?

Thank you in advance!

Re: GA-EP45-UD3P.Cannot copy large files.HELP?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 08:18:35 am »
Anyone ?  ??? ???

Pottypete

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 09:41:41 am »
Hi,
Not network savvy,
Checking on the g/b specs for your mobo, there is a fault monitoring facility,  (Prevents network downtime by transferring the workload from a failed port to a working port.!!!)
Could this be sensing a fault and stopping transfer??
May be worth a look ;D (Or tell me to shut up)
Regards

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 08:20:08 am »
Thank you for your assistance!

i have to get into BIOS to change this? I dont see any option for this..  ???
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 08:21:15 am by ultraxmode »

Pottypete

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 08:26:20 am »
Hi
Hit F2 key on startup, or delete key  on others,
the monitoring may be automatic, not sure
regards

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 09:50:17 pm »
I am having the same problem.  I hope someone can help.

System:
GA-EP45-UD3P, 8G Ram, 6X1TB SATA in Raid, 1 SATA for OS, ATI HD 4670 Graphics running HDMI and VGA to HP w2408 and HP2338h monitors
Running Win7 RC7100 clean install with no other software loaded.

Symptoms
1) When I copy a large file across the network to or from the system with the GA-EP45-UD3P, the connection is eventually dropped.  Most of the time this happens within 30 seconds.
2) When I queue up downloads from the internet via SABNZBD, the connection drops within 30 minutes.  If I go into the network icon in the system tray and troubleshoot the connection, it resets the interface and everything works ok until I copy another large file or do a number of consecutive downloads again.
3) NO PROBLEM if I copy from the OS drive to the RAID array or the other way around.  I have also copied to and from USB hard drives with no issue.  This leads me to a network issue.
4) Have tried multiple LAN Cables, 2 different netowrk switches, and 3 other devices attached to this system (Laptop, AppleTV and Netbook)  All three cause the same issue (network on the Gigabyte Mobo system loses connection)

It appears that it is having issues with sustained or maybe high throughput netowrk traffic.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Pottypete

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 11:49:31 pm »
Hi,
If I were you  I would Try microsoft support they should know what to do.
Win 7 networking is a new ball game for most peps,
regards

Pottypete

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 12:04:19 am »

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 04:32:28 pm »
Update:  I just downloaded the drivers for the network card dated 10.26.09 and the issue seems to be fixed now.  Only took me two and a half months to get this motherboard working!  Finger pointing at its best!

To find the driver for the 1.1 version of the board

http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=3013&ost=windows+7+64bit#anchor_os