Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte Budget Rig help for a novice please.

Butchers

Re: Gigabyte Budget Rig help for a novice please.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 04:33:34 pm »
haha pmsl love the comment on the shoes. Well i have been having a fiddle with the for last few hrs + scouring forums and stuff including ocz's. Just out of curiosity would a dodgy ram stick in your opinion cause all of the probs i have been mentioning or even possibly a ram slot on the mobo???.

Other than that if i was to replace the ram would it be worth the upgrade to 1066mhz or would i need a faster fsb cpu (can't afford one of those). And is there a typically more compatable ram with gigabyte systems that you could recommend please as i may send this ram back to ebuyer if i can and see if i can get a refund (fingers crossed).

Pottypete

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 05:07:23 pm »
Hi,
Been searching for similar problems as yours and come up with this,
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-245679_11_0.html#t1742852,
And this may be more appropriate :o
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-245679_11_0.html#t1742852

DDR800 should be able to give all you need,

Memory compatible list,
china.giga-byte.com/FileList/.../motherboard_manual_ga-ep35-(d)s3l_e.pdf,

I would say anything is possible with a faulty stick, Bsods, hdd corruption, files missing,the list is endless
Test it

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 05:11:02 pm by Pottypete »

Butchers

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 05:41:53 pm »
Well it seems that the system will not boot up on just one of the sticks yet the other one will allow the pc to boot just fine and even allow me to change the clock settings. I cant understand though why even though i was having the odd problem recently, the pc was still working with both sticks in and yet today when i tried them both individually one would work and the other wouldn't  ??? Do you think it was maybe possible the stick was dying slowly lol either way now its a case of trying to get ebuyer to replace them and hopefully for a different brand altogether i am not too keen on this brand this is the second lot i have had. the first lot had one of the modules doa. Well thx for everything pete its been great having some support and i will let you know how it goes from here lol  (fingers & toes crossed)  :D

Pottypete

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 06:09:58 pm »
Well it seems that the system will not boot up on just one of the sticks yet the other one will allow the pc to boot just fine and even allow me to change the clock settings. I cant understand though why even though i was having the odd problem recently, the pc was still working with both sticks in and yet today when i tried them both individually one would work and the other wouldn't  ??? Do you think it was maybe possible the stick was dying slowly lol either way now its a case of trying to get ebuyer to replace them and hopefully for a different brand altogether i am not too keen on this brand this is the second lot i have had. the first lot had one of the modules doa. Well thx for everything pete its been great having some support and i will let you know how it goes from here lol  (fingers & toes crossed)  :D

Yo,
Technoligcal breakdown ::),
I use Geil 2x1 matched pair myself ;D very happy 8)
Regards

Butchers

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 05:44:34 pm »
Well i finally got through to ebuyer and they said no probs to rma'ing the dodgy pair of ram but would only change for the same brand unfortunately which is a bummer. They said because it was only the 2nd lot to go wrong they wouldn't change it lol but if it had been the 3rd time it might have been different. Anyways they came and collected it the next day which was cool but i guess i will have to w8 to get a replacement pair. Well no im using a spare pair of practically new (2 x 1gb of OCZ2P8002GK) well apart from being 2 gb less and needing 2 volts more juice these should run faster. All seemed well at first yesterday when i changed them i even cleared the cmos when replacing for the old ones as i thought this would make sense. but now sometimes when i boot up there is no beep sound when the post screen shows even though it loads windows fine and then a couple of times the system has just seemed to reset itself without even powering down  ???  ??? Lol sorry for bugging you with these huge messages but i just don't have the knowledge to isolate what is causing the problem myself. My partner thinks we should call one of the pc repair guys in the paper but im just a little worried they might try and con us in some way or another!