Official GIGABYTE Forum

urgent: GA-880GM-UD2H difference between rev 1.0 and 1.3 (or 1.4)

new_Kid

Just picked up my GA-880GM-UD2H motherboard this afternoon. It is rev 1.0 - I had pointed out I was after rev 1.3 when I ordered it.

I am very new to building PC's (this is my first) and knowledge limited to what I researched from net.

1) rev 1.0 would no longer be in production, so I think this is an old one from stock ?

2) rev 1.0 being old, not sure sure how old - so are the parts likely to fail sooner ?

3) is there a major difference between ver 1.0 and 1.3 ?

Appreciate quick reply so I can decide to take this back to the shop tommorow when it re-opens to see if they will do any thing about it.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: urgent: GA-880GM-UD2H difference between rev 1.0 and 1.3 (or 1.4)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 07:08:13 pm »
Hi there,

trying to find out the differences between motherboard revisions is like looking for a needle in a haystack and when Gigabyte have been asked by other users their response has been less than forthcoming. Sometimes the changes are subtle, being things like different coloured RAM Slots or a design tweak to the layout. On other occasions the changes have been a little more radical but Gigabyte claim the the performance is not affected by them.

Personally I usually prefer the earlier revisions of motherboards as these are normally the ones that have been reviewed and tested. The thing to remember though is: Gigabyte's Warranty is from date of manufacture not from the day you buy it and, being one of the early versions of the board the warranty period will therefore be shorter.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

new_Kid

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 07:16:15 pm »
Thanks for your quick reply.

I could find anything on the web or gigabyte's site.

If any one can add more I will appreciate it.

new_Kid

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 07:59:35 pm »
I have accidentally found my answer in the gigabyte web site, http://www.gigabyte.com/search/search.aspx?kw=GA-880GM-uD2H+

The difference is that rev 1.3 and 1.4 have 2 new features:

1. 3X USB power delivery for greater compatibility and extra power for USB devices
2. Unique On/Off Charge delivers the best recharging capability to iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch

Please consider this case closed.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 08:16:09 pm »
Hi again

sorry to burst your bubble but the 2 "new" features I think you'll find are available on the rev 1.0 board.

If you look at the comparison sheet here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/comparison/list.aspx?ck=2&pids=3415,3635,3475 there appears to be no difference in hardware between the boards.

And if you check here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3415#ov it advertises the On/Off Charge and £X USB Power features on the rev 1.0 board.

As I said before, it is often very difficult to discover what the exact differences are between revisions of the same board.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:17:00 pm by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

new_Kid

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 10:22:28 pm »
Thanks