1 (100%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 1.0 backup bios

GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 1.0 backup bios
« on: May 04, 2011, 02:45:29 pm »
Hi!
I need some help with my GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 1.0 running F6 bios.
I do currently run it with I7 930 and love the board. Unfortunately lately I had a problem and my motherboard flashed itself back using recovery bios which is F1.
With my current cpu it`s not a problem.
But I just got myself I7 970 which is 6 core cpu and will be selling 930.
The current bios F6 (since F2 according to gigabyte website) supports 6 core cpu but it makes me worry what happens if something goes wrong and my board bios will be restored to F1 due to a fault or something.. In that case my board won`t be able to boot as F1 doesn`t support 6 core chips... I have read many people having this problem when they bought the board and came with F1 so they were unable to use newer 6 core chips and had to send it back to the supplier for bios update.. Is there any way I could flash the recovery bios to any newer version to make sure it supports my new cpu?
I know Asus boards allow you to replace the chips but can`t find any info regarding my board..
Thank you

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 1.0 backup bios
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 02:53:03 pm »
Hi there,

If you have F6 as your current BIOS you can flash the back-up BIOS chip to match in case you encounter any other problems.

To do this where you would normally press DEL to enter the BIOS, instead press Alt + F12, this will flash the Backup BIOS with the MAIN BIOS contents.   Do not worry when you see a recovery comment, that is normal and means it is flashing the backup BIOS.

I find it is better if you can use a PS/2 keyboard to do this and also it may take several attempts before it works.

To check that both BIOS chips have the same version, press F9 when you are on the BIOS home Screen. Another window will open that gives you such information.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 1.0 backup bios
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 03:16:32 pm »
Wicked! You made my day! Will do straight when I get home and will post the results in case someone needs help in the future!
Thak you very much :)