Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560Ti SUPER OC driver stopped responding

stan34

hi

having received this card 3 days ago ive been having some issues with the driver stopped responding fault then it recovers,i first noticed it in world of warcraft but i was getting a black screen for a seconds but the game seemed to recover and i was able to play on,also my fps sometimes drops so low my screen freezes  for a few seconds so i thought it was a driver issue or was just the game playing up due to new patch but i tried different sets from the 266 and 270 form nvidia but problem still exits.

Last night i though i would try far cry 2 which came with the card and the problem is worse there as it actually crashes the game with the notice on  the taskbar saying driver stopped responding

so ive done a bit of searching on various forums and its semms these cards have issues when overclocked form what i read seems all makes have problems

the one problem that keep appearing was the gpu voltage was not high enough for the card to be stable so i downloaded a few tools to check mine and it ssem the oc guru reports the gpu voltage at 1.03 idle and on load its 1.14mv,but msi afterburner and gpu-z report 0.950 idle and 0.985 on load so which one is right ???is the bios being read wrong by either tool

ive just tried to do benchmasrks with heaven 2.5 and getting the d3d error half way through so ive upped the voltage in msi after burner to 1.0 mvolt and the benchmark will run no problem with no crashes

so have gigbyte set the wrong voltage on this cards and if so will they be releasing new bios soon

am going to play some far cray 2 now with the new voltage at 1.0v see if i can play longer then 20 minutes before it crashes ill report back

iam hoping its not an rma case because this is the third card ive had in 4 weeks had to return 2 brand new msi 570 oc cause they were faulty if this one is too thats 3 faulty new cards ive had to return :-\
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:00:53 pm by stan34 »

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560Ti SUPER OC driver stopped responding
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 02:50:53 pm »
Hi

I think you are correct in your assumption that the voltage is the underlying problem with these factory overclocked cards. I have had someone on here before who actually downclocked the card to standard settings and then overclocked it himself to an even higher speed than originally and it was stable. It is quite common across several makes and so maybe it is the reference design that is at fault and that is why the firmware hasn't been fixed yet.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

stan34

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 09:29:59 pm »
hi

thanks for replying dark,i take it the firmware is the bios if so theres no new ones on gigabytes website,are they aware of this problem and going to be realising a new one

do they read these forums or can you pass these problems on to them or are theses forums not directly connected to gigabyte

ive also been doing more tests and its still a little bit unstable on heaven 2.5 at full overclocks speeds at 1.0v but i dont like to push the voltage up to high but ive lowered the clocks to 900mhz and it ran for 3 hrs non stop so iam happy with that for the time being hopefully they will release a new bios soon

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 09:47:54 pm »
Well it sounds a bit more hopeful now then.

This is Gigabyte's official forum but they don't have a lot to do with it beyond making sure we don't get up to anything! ;D They have an Administrator on here called runn3R but he has a lot of other duties that take him away from the forum often so he doesn't have time to see all the posts etc. You can PM him to make sure that the issue is known athough I am sure they are aware of it.

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=13

or you can contact GGTS directly but they normally take a few days to answer.

Just enter your email address and click on the language of choice.
GGTS   http://ggts.gigabyte.com/
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB