Official GIGABYTE Forum

CPU fan does not work properly MA790FXT-UD5P motherboard

signum

CPU fan does not work properly MA790FXT-UD5P motherboard
« on: September 04, 2009, 03:14:18 pm »
Hi, i am currently running on MA790FXT-UD5P motherboard, phenom II x4 945 3ghz and coolermaster v8 cooler, 750W psu.My bios is version f6. But everytime when playing video games i often got the message that the CPU fan does not work properly and i need to restart and my cpu after which my cpu speed drop to 800mhz and slows down everything. V8 cooler was working fine on my previous setup. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Pottypete

Re: CPU fan does not work properly MA790FXT-UD5P motherboard
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 09:06:34 pm »
Hi,
It seems that your cpu is overheating and throttling itself,
You may have a faulty fan on the cooler,
Or the inside of the case/cooling fans are full of dust and requires a good clean,
Check the cpu fan connector is fitted correctly,
regards

stuart

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 04:39:39 pm »

I have a, possibly related, problem with this board as well:

Even though the CPU fan is fine (I've tested it in other systems), on system boot the board seems to detect that the CPU is cool, and so doesn't spin up the CPU fan.  This in turn causes the system alarm to beep constantly at boot because the CPU fan isn't spinning.

If I power the system off and on (so that the CPU is still warm) or leave the system to warm a little, then the fan starts to spin and the alarm stops.

Neither turning off Cool & Quiet or CPU fan-speed monitoring seems to be a good option.  All other systems I've encountered briefly spin up all fans to full speed on boot - why doesn't the MA790FXT-UD5P?

ETNiES

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 01:39:11 am »
Has to be a cool and quiet problem doesn't it.. I've read on various forums that cool and quiet messes up quite alot and causes problems, try resetting deafult bios settings or better yet flash your bios to latest.
If I had a hammer.. I'd hammer in morning.