Official GIGABYTE Forum

ga-m55sli-s4: beep problem

ga-m55sli-s4: beep problem
« on: May 11, 2011, 06:18:39 am »
Hello i recently aquired a computer with a ga-m55sli-s4 but i picked it up and brought it home it worked fine but then i moved it again and since then it will beep uncontrolably very long and slow  untill it reachest a high enough temp to start i was wondering if there was a way to fix this and how, also my mobo has no jumper on the cmos any huge problems that may cause?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: ga-m55sli-s4: beep problem
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 08:40:53 am »
Hi there,

lets deal with the easiest thing first. There shouldn't be a jumper on the CLR_CMOS pins. You only need to short the pins when you are trying to actually clear CMOS so this is normal. Gigabyte don't supply a jumper for this and if you do want to clear CMOS you can either use a jumper from an old hard drive (I have collected loads of these over the years and keep them for such instances) or you can use a small flat bladed screwdriver to short the pins.

As to the trickier problem of long slow beeps and slow BOOT, this could be due to many things and the lack of information regarding your hardware doesn't help with offering possible solutions. You say it worked fine before you moved it so the obvious thing to do is check that all of the power leads are firmly connected and that the RAM, Graphics card, HDD leads etc., haven't come loose during transport.

Have you added any components to the PC? If yes remove it/them and see if the problem still persists.

If you could post back with a full list of your hardware it would help with further troubleshooting. Check through this FAQ for an idea of what to post: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2195.msg10772.html#msg10772
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.