Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-EX58-UD5 keyboard problem

GA-EX58-UD5 keyboard problem
« on: September 15, 2009, 06:48:40 pm »
I am setting up a new machine with a GA-EX58-UD5 motherboard but once the boot process gets to the point where it says, "Boot from CD/DVD:" (my windows installation CD is in the drive) my keyboard is unresponsive. My keyboard works fine in BIOS and I was able to get my BIOS set up with no problem but after BIOS the machine will no longer accept input from the keyboard.

I have tried a variety of USB keyboards, I have tried these keyboards with a PS/2 adapter, and I have tried a PS/2 keyboard. The lights are lit for those keyboards with numlock and capslock lights but pressing numlock or capslock after BIOS does not affect the numlock light so they appear to be getting power.

I have tried the USB ports on the front as well as the built in USB ports on the back of the MB. I enabled USB in BIOS but my situation did not change. Is there some BIOS setting that I am missing?

Thanks for your consideration.

-Sam

Re: GA-EX58-UD5 keyboard problem
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 05:26:30 pm »
In case anyone is interested, I found out that this is not a keyboard issue at all. What I thought was a prompt asking me to input Y or N was likely not a prompt at all. The reason that the mahcine is stopping at that point during post has to do with BIOS not being able to see my HD's while RAID is enabled. I will start another thread now that I have gotten closer to the issue. Thanks to any who read my previous post.

-Sam

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 07:20:09 pm »
just thought id add...
in my bios under integrated peripherals there are options for enabling usb keyboard and usb mouse. they are automatically disabled and thats why my keyboard doesnt work during startup. if i enable those then i have keyboard control.

MindLESS

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 03:20:09 pm »
I have problems with my Logitech G15 - even with legacy USB enabled.
It works in BIOS fine, pressing a key to boot from CD or changing the safemode startup menu in windows etc. can be very hit and miss.

It's been like that on 3 different motherboards by different manufacturers, so I don't think it's always a motherboard issue.