Official GIGABYTE Forum

Problem with GA-870A-USB3 with AMD pheno ii x4 840 AM3 (Vcore voltage is floppy)

vilu

Hi first to say before entering problem my english is bad and im not too good with computers.

My Vcore voltage is very floppy 1.00v to 1.370V. I have Latest Bios for it. I have tryed to put that energy saving mode off put when I do that my pc will crash after a minute from boot. I haven't overclocked computer i just bought it. Im running windows 7 (64bit).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:24:08 pm by vilu »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Hi there,

just try to explain the basic problem. We can always try Google translator if we get stuck.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

vilu

Sorry about that I presssed send accidentally before even typed the problem

absic

• Bandcamp
Sorry about that I presssed send accidentally before even typed the problem

Not a problem, we have all done that.

Can you please post back with the Revision number of your motherboard (you can find this printed on the actual motherboard in the lower left hand corner and it will look like Rev. X.X) and also what Processor you are running?

Did you turn off Energy Saving features in BIOS or in Windows?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

vilu

Processor is AMD Phenom ii x4 840 (AM3) and i turned it off in Bios and ill need some time to check that Rev number. Can I find that Revision number anywhere else? Bios version is (F4) Core temperatures stays unser 45 c
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:09:07 pm by vilu »

absic

• Bandcamp
Hi again

is your motherboard the AM3 version or the newer AM3+ with the black CPU Socket? That will let me know which revision it is.

vilu

Its AM3 not AM3+., Atleast in easytune 6 it says its AM3. BTW it has ddr3 1333mhz 4Gb ram.

absic

• Bandcamp
OK, for future reference your motherboard Revision is 3.0.

What exactly have you turned off in BIOS for energy saving on the CPU? Sorry to keep asking questions but I'm trying to understand your system and exactly what you have done so far.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:53:58 pm by absic »

vilu

Atm I have default settings like they was when I got the pc but I tryed stabilize that Vcore voltage by in bios Pc Health Status and i disabled "Hardware thermal control". But the problem which i want to get solved is that Vcore voltage floppynes becouse it will drop my Cpu calculation speed from 3,2Ghz to 800 Mhz even when i would need that 3,2Ghz for a second and then back to 3,2 for a second and then back to 800 mhz....

absic

• Bandcamp
Right I understand.

Go into BIOS
Go to Advanced BIOS settings
Disable the AMD K8 Cool&Quiet Control
Press F10 and save the settings
Reboot and your problem should be solved.

vilu

Didn't Help. Still Vcore voltage is floppy. M.I.T. There is by normal Voltage control set to "Auto" Does that effect on this case?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:01:27 pm by vilu »

absic

• Bandcamp
Not sure of what is available in your BIOS but.....

If you have the Turbo Core Boost Option under the MIT Section of BIOS Disable that.

vilu

No i don't have that in my bios. I noticed that my Clockspeed multiplier is set to "auto" and it bounces with Vcore voltage. Would it help to put it nonauto

vilu

I meant "Cpu Clock Ratio" is set to auto. Well evrything in MIT is set to auto

absic

• Bandcamp
You can try setting the Clock Ratio to Manual. When you do this you will need to set it to X16 to give you the correct CPU Speed (3.2GHz) for the Phenom ii X4 840.

Other things you can check are:
The Power Settings in Windows7  as this can sometimes cause problems you need to go to Control Panel - System & Security - Power Options then you need to click on the Change Advanced Power Settings to access the popup then look for "Processor Power Management" Check the settings there

If you are running an ATI Graphics Card also check in Catalyst Control Centre as there are Power Settings Options in there too that can sometimes take over the CPU.