Official GIGABYTE Forum

Confused about AMD chipset driver, nvidia card, 1090T cpu

Kenshiro

Confused about AMD chipset driver, nvidia card, 1090T cpu
« on: July 13, 2011, 08:50:46 pm »
Dear Gigabyte Foruml,

So I finally found some time and finished my build with the 880gma-ud2h (bios update and win7 install with usb flash drive worked great!!! )
I downloaded all the last drivers, all installed well but one -> the AMD Chipset Driver.
Let's see, I didn't install it as it kept saying: "ATI Catalyst Install Manager is used to install and update the software for your graphics product..."
There are 2 setup.exes in the main folder "win7_chipset" and then 3 executables (ATIsetup, InstallManagersetup, Setup) in both Bin and Bin64 folders.

I found one Chipset executable in the Config folder, but executing this one, has no result, it says that it belongs to a package.

So, I'm confused, I just want to install the chipset driver for my board and it tells me that I'm going to install ATI catalyst driver while I'm having a nvidia card? 
Could someone point me to the correct direction please?  I deeply appreciate your help,

Kind regards,
Ken
If you are not now - you never were...

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Confused about AMD chipset driver, nvidia card, 1090T cpu
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 08:56:17 pm »
Hi Ken,

I know it's a bit confusing but you need to use ATI Catalyst Control to install the chipset driver. Don't worry as this is perfectly normal, it won't affect your NVidia Card and will only install the drivers that you need..
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Kenshiro

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 09:37:25 pm »
Sir absic,
Again you helped me out, you were right, I finally just did a custom install and it worked out, thanx!  ;)

I noticed one thing when I installed win 7 with the USB Tool provided by Microsoft. After it read the initial files, expanding, installing etc.... the splash screen tells you that it will restart several times.  After the first re-start, it booted from the USB flash drive, the whole process was repeated again, so I had to check in advanced options to format the OS drive and start all over again.  After it did its things, again it wanted to re-boot....but this time I was quicker: I entered bios, changed the booting priority to the HD and W7 was installed finally.  Is this normal?   To switch to bios, take out pen-drive and change boot priority?  If I wouldnt have done it, that loop would have lasted forever....

Sorry to throw in another question...I was just curious.

Cheers!
Ken

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 09:44:01 pm »
Hi

Regarding you boot question, the easy way to do it is just press F12 when booting to select the drive you want to use just for that once.  Afterwards it just reverts back to normal.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Kenshiro

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 09:55:06 pm »
Cheers Mantis,
Will keep that in mind for the next install :)
Have a good one,
Ken