Official GIGABYTE Forum

Hello and a question related to vt-d support in GA-QM67-DH2-B3

To begin with, allow me say hello to all gigabyte forum users, for I have just joined the forums.

My question is related to GA-QM67-DH2-B3 board. This looks like a great board but as with all Intel products, there is a cloud of uncertainty around whether it supports vt-d (not just vt-x) or not. I read the manual but it mentions vt-d in only one place, and couldn't see it in the bios options shown in the manual as well. I am surprised not to see this feature mentioned in the product page, not even in the specifications, because i thought this was the single important feature that separated Q67 from P67/H67 chipsets.

Does this board support Vt-d ? Is it available as of current bios, as an option in the bios ? Has it been confirmed working with any virtualization product in the market ?

I will be using this board for dual vga passthrough with xen hypervisor so directed i/o is a must for me. This board has dual graphics slots which is great for assigning independent graphics cards to each of the guests. Also, I would appreciate any suggestions regarding this new build in terms of processor, memory and hdd configuration. My understanding is that cpu internal graphics is not turned off when pci-express cards are utilized, I would like to hear some confirmation of that as well. I plan to connect the igp vga output to the vga input of one of the two displays i have. 

Thanks.