Official GIGABYTE Forum

please tell me is there any way to install mac os leopard in my pc

please tell me is there any way to install mac os leopard in my pc
« on: September 24, 2011, 05:37:03 am »
hello world,
      i am using a gigabyte M68MT-S2P (rev:3.1) with AMD PHENOM x2 555 BE now i want to install mac os (leopard ) to my pc but in requirements of it are..........
Processor must be any Intel, PowerPC G5 or G4 (867 MHz and faster).......... what does this actually mean does it support my motherboard and processor

I am facing the same problem with UBUNTU also but is installing perfectly but when comes to graphics it is showing a message that it does nvidia card does not support ubuntu
           please give help me out of it
this is my system information shown below

Processor:      AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 555 Processor (3215 MHz)
Operating System:   Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version:   11.0
GPU processor:      GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a
Driver version:      258.96
Core clock:      425 MHz
Memory clock:      100 MHz (200 MHz data rate)
Memory interface:   32-bit
Total available graphics memory:   1535 MB
Dedicated video memory:   256 MB DDR1
System video memory:   0 MB
Shared system memory:   1279 MB
Video BIOS version:   5.61.32.31.05
IRQ:         23
Bus:         FPCI

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: please tell me is there any way to install mac os leopard in my pc
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 08:46:41 am »
Hi there,

as far as I know you can't install a Mac OS on an AMD based system.

I'm not sure about NVidia graphic drivers on Ubuntu but I know with my ATI based 6770's I have to agree to a a licence before the drivers will download and install. You may do better to ask your question about NVidia drivers for Ubuntu on their forum as it is more likely a software issue rather than one of hardware.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 08:38:14 pm »
Short answer for Apple is "not officially".

Basically, Apple won't certify OS X to work on any hardware other than hardware approved by & available through Apple itself.  So, no official support there.

However, if you do a quick Internet search for "install osx on amd phenom II", you'll find plenty of websites & guides that apparently will provide walkthroughs on how to install them.  I haven't checked them myself -- have no interest in OS X -- but they should be helpful to you.  Just remember:
 -- since there's no official support, any issues with drivers & software not working right means you can't really ask Apple for help (& I doubt the sites in question will provide tech support either)
 -- as always when attempting to switch to a new OS (especially one not offiically supported), back everything up, including BIOS.  The last thing you want to do is make the mobo completely unrecoverable.
 -- read their instructions carefully.  As I said, I haven't checked the sites personally, so I don't know what would be involved in these installs.  However, I'd be very leery of anything that involves making physical changes to the motherboard or peripherals, since they'd probably void your warranty with Gigabyte.
Thermaltake V3 mid-tower case, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 board, Phenom II X4 970 CPU, 8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1333, WD Caviar Blue SATA-III 1TB, WD Caviar Green SATA-III 1TB, LG Super-Writer DVD-RW, XFX Radeon HD 7450 1GB, Thermaltake TR2 750W PSU

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 08:49:13 am »
However, I'd be very leery of anything that involves making physical changes to the motherboard or peripherals, since they'd probably void your warranty with Gigabyte.

Yes I am sure that you are quite correct in that assumption.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB