Official GIGABYTE Forum

GAMA770UD3 rev 2.1+Phenom X6 1090T, can I run Gskill F2-8500CL5D@1066 speed ?

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
I would recommend that as soon as you are sure that your new BIOS is stable and you are happy with it that you synchronise the two so they are the same.

If you have a PS2 keyboarrd connect that instead of the USB version as it is more reliable.

From a cold start with the power to the machine switched off press the power button and then enter the BIOS by pressing Del.
 Then when you get to the main screen press F9.

This will bring up an extra screen which will display more information about the two BIOS versions. Assuming they are different exit the BIOS and shutdown.

Again press the power button and this time press Alt + F12 where you would normally use the Del key to enter the BIOS. You will find that then your monitor will turn black and you will see:

Press [Enter] to start copying main BIOS to backup BIOS...

When you press Enter more text will appear saying:

Writing BIOS image.... xxxKb OK

Once completed more text will show:

BIOS successfully recovered! Power off or reset system!

Do as it says. Both Main and Backup BIOS chips now store the same BIOS version. You can now reboot as normal.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

NicoX

I would recommend that as soon as you are sure that your new BIOS is stable and you are happy with it that you synchronise the two so they are the same.

If you have a PS2 keyboarrd connect that instead of the USB version as it is more reliable.

From a cold start with the power to the machine switched off press the power button and then enter the BIOS by pressing Del.
 Then when you get to the main screen press F9.

This will bring up an extra screen which will display more information about the two BIOS versions. Assuming they are different exit the BIOS and shutdown.

Again press the power button and this time press Alt + F12 where you would normally use the Del key to enter the BIOS. You will find that then your monitor will turn black and you will see:

Press [Enter] to start copying main BIOS to backup BIOS...

When you press Enter more text will appear saying:

Writing BIOS image.... xxxKb OK

Once completed more text will show:

BIOS successfully recovered! Power off or reset system!

Do as it says. Both Main and Backup BIOS chips now store the same BIOS version. You can now reboot as normal.

Hi Mantis,
Really you read my mind I was about to ask that how can I copy main BIOS to the backup one? You just showed me the path. Ok Sir, I will walk the path you shown... LOL:)
 ??? One question comes to my mind.. as DDR2 is going down and DDR3 is coming up now should I make another PC with mobo gigabyte
GA-890GPA-UD3H and use some DDR3 1066 RAM with Phenom 1090T? Or I will still upgrade my system. I hope gigabyte
GA-890GPA-UD3H is a good mobo Any suggestion...
My system is now as in my signature goes.
Regard
NicoX,

i5 4600K | 8GB x 4  GSkill Ripjaws X | Phantaks CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GAZ87X-OC | MSI GTX 760 HAWK | DLink DWA 556
Seasonic 850 X Glod
In Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
It is always a difficult decision on when to upgrade/rebuild. There never seems to be a perfect time because ther is always something much better just around the corner. I think you just have to decide if you can afford to upgrade now and if so what is the best path. One of the newer boards should be ok but do bare in mind tha Bulldozer is due out and so even if you don't go for that it will make all the other components to drop in price.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Hi again,

as DM has stated, with new CPU's just around the corner some prices will probably drop a bit and because of this, upgrading certain components now can be a good option.

The GA-890GPA-UD3H is a good place to start and this will take your 1090T (when you get it) but will also enable a future upgrade to one of teh new AM3+ Processors. But make sure if you do decide to get this motherboard that you get the 3.1 Revision with the AM3+ Black socket.

For DDR3 RAM I would recommend that you go for 1600MHz modules as these are the ones that are the best price at the present. They will run OK if you keep your present CPU although they will downclock to 1066MHz. With the 1090T you can run them at 1333MHz or at the 1600MHz. Also they will run with an AM3+ Processor and will provide the best way for future system upgrades. Personally I would recommend that you go for Corsair Vengeance RAm as I have tested quite these modules quite a lot recently and have found them to be very solid and reliable but, if you are looking to overclock in the future, bear in mind that they don't always overclock very well.

If you can't get hold of the Vengeance RAM then the best advice is to look for DDR3 RAM Modules that run at 1.5V as there default settings as this will make things easier when getting a new system up and running properly.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

NicoX

Hi absic & DM,
How are you guys?
First of all very very sorry for a late response. Actually I had to go to Sydney for my office and had a bit tight schedule there.
I was unable to respond. I returned home day before yesterday and decided to have a look at my PC.
 8) First I updated my BIOS to latest BIOS vs (FKD).
 8) I used the pen drive method and it sat on the BIOS chip of GAMA770UD3. I also copied it to the backup bios too. 
Now comes the pain ....
I tried to install XP service pack 2 which was a super cream before and but this time it failed.
 ::)1. Though I did not have any new HW installed, but whenever I insert XP disk to install fresh it started to show "STOP :0X0000007b inaccessible boot in device".... in BSOD.
 ::)2. The HD is Western Digital 160 GB Sata and it is not corrupt as when I install linux on it is is cream. Yea but it could have bad sectors too.
 ::)3. So I hope the new FKD BIOS update may cause it.
My questions :
should I revert back to the original BIOS vs? If yes how can I do that can you guys help?
Or any other debugging possible to get ridof BSOD in XP ?
Please help?

NicoX
Regard
NicoX,

Seasonic 850 X Glod

absic

• Bandcamp
Hi NicoX and welcome back,

OK you can easily go back to an earlier BIOS version by downloading the one you want from the Gigabyte Download section for your motherboard and following exactly the same steps as you did when flashing the BIOS to the latest version. The same applies for syncing the two BIOS versions, just follow the same procedure you used before.

You may want to look through this article from Microsoft about the STOP Error you are getting: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103 as it may help you resolve the issue.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

NicoX

Hi absic
Thanks a mill for you post.
I read the ink and I solved the problem... he he
Basically before downloading the last BIOS for GAMA770UD3 what I did was I read DM's post some where how to clear CMOS.
I did that and the problem is gone and I can install XP flawlessly.
thanks guys for your help :)

NicoX
Regard
NicoX,

Seasonic 850 X Glod

absic

• Bandcamp
Hi NicoX,

pleased you got it sorted and that you are now up and running.  :D

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
Hey absic, must have been one of my posts that was actually not just drivvel!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:39:27 am by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

absic

• Bandcamp
Hey absic, must have been one of my posts that was actually not just drivvel!  ;D

Well, the amount of posts you make you have to strike lucky once in awhile!  ;)

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
Well you know what they say about lots of monkeys and keyboards..... ;D

You need a good supply of bananas!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:13:28 am by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850