Official GIGABYTE Forum

New build does not power on

New build does not power on
« on: October 13, 2011, 05:39:25 am »
Let me state that I am certain that this topic has been posted about 3000000 times so I apologize, but I have not seen anything for my specific board so I thought I'd throw this up and see what people throw at me  ;D

Technically this is a rebuild of an old system but the only parts left are 3 sata drives and one wireless card everything else is new.

component list
Gigabyte A75M-D2H AMD Hudson ATX socket FM1 rev 1.0
AMD Quad Core A6-3650 2.6ghz
Corsair TX650 PSU
geoforce galaxy GT520 PCI-E
2 2gb ddr3 memory
3 sata drives
wireless network card

I have checked and reseated the components, the 4 pin cord from the power supply is plugged into the mother board, the switch on the back of the power supply is in the on position, (the  PSU is universal ac input so no red switch to worry about) I have checked and rechecked the front panel header to ensure the power switch is connected to the board properly there is no internal speaker on this case.  While I acknowledge it is possible for the PSU to be DOA I want to make sure before I contact Newegg, I unfortunately lack any trusted mobos and power supply to check.  Is it possible the switch on the case has gone bad it is about 7 years old and was fairly inexpensive case?  If anyone knows a way to safely bypass the front panel switch to check I am open to suggestions.

Thanks   

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: New build does not power on
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 08:28:42 am »
Hi there,

Have you tried building the PC outside of the PC Case to eliminate the possibility of a short?

If you want to start the PC without using a switch, locate the Power Pins on the Mobo Front Panel header and using a small, flat bladed screw driver make a connection across them. You don't need to keep the screwdriver there once/if the motherboard fires up.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.