Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-G31M-ES2C

Vinny

GA-G31M-ES2C
« on: October 21, 2009, 11:49:24 pm »
A motherboard went out and I migrated everything over to the GA-G31M-ES2C:
PCIEx16 Zotac 9800GT, IDE hard drive, DVD combo drive, 500 watt ps, E4300 C2D.  Everything works fine, except the graphics card is performing nowhere near what it was in the earlier setup.  I have the latest graphics driver, and xp updates, directx updates, game updates.  All games are choppy and graphics are very poor for this card.  What am I missing?  At first, I had issues turning off onboard vga, and rebooted and turned the onboard off by choosing PCI as initial display.  That worked, but it would reset to onboard vga at reboot/startup, but I read later somewhere on the forum that I have to set vga to PEG in the bios.  I will do this and see if it helps with graphics card performane, although I doubt, however, if this is related to the performance of the gpu.  I've made sure to plug the six pin connector for the gpu also.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: GA-G31M-ES2C
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 11:00:43 am »
Are you using the latest northbridge drivers? To be honest I would try a fresh install of windows. Transfering major hardware like a motherboard without a clean installation can cause issues.
There's no place like ::1