motherboard gigabyte  H55
CPU core i3
RAM 4 GB DDR3
internal dvd\rw
external dvd\rw
monitor LED LG 19"
ordinary power supply 400 watt
HDD 1 Terabyte western digital
i was installing a program on my PC when suddenly the screen is jammed i heard a clicking sound from my HDD so i restarted my pc so the pc took along time to work so i restarted it & i checked the hdd from dos by HDD regenerater that showed about 600 bad sector & fixed then i installed the windows & programs without any problem
after a week i checked the hdd again for any future problems with hdd regenerater from dos & it showed no problem in the hdd then i started up my computer so it took along time to launch windows & showing icons
so i bought a new HDD from same type 1 Terabyte western digital & i took my PC to an expert to check the new HDD & install windows so he said your PC is working very well
after 2 days when i was installing a program the new HDD made a clicking like sound & i immediately turned off my PC & checked my hdd from dos with hdd that showed a bad sectors in the beginning of the check
before a week i swapped the the cable of hdd with dvd rw so hdd is worked normally but dvdrw is burned immediately
so where is the problem in hdd or power supply or motherboard
i checked power of pc patrs hw cpuid program & from bios

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
Re: motherboard problem
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:37:27 pm »
hello Mr
in the beginning my desktop computer specification is
motherboard gigabyte  H55
CPU core i3
RAM 4 GB DDR3
internal dvd\rw
external dvd\rw
monitor LED LG 19"
ordinary power supply 400 watt
HDD 1 Terabyte western digital

Hi kefahsalah, ;)

It would be better to specify the exact brands and model of all true what you have as hardware. It would help a lot.
If possible with a web link for offichial brands.

It could be a DATA cable connection or electrical cable is defective.
The fact that your PSU is possibly a no-name, can cause similar problems to you situation.
Try with other PSU from a friend or shop if possible.

Gloup_Gloup

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 08:45:27 pm »
motherboard gigabyte H55M-S2H
LPCID8720
bios ver. f3
CPU intel cor i3 540 3.06 GHz
socket  1156 LGA
4 GB ddr3 ram freq 700

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 06:38:59 am »
Hi and welcome.

Never buy a cheap and nasty power supply they can go wrong and take out all you other expensive components at the same time. Not only that just because it is marked 600W often they are nowhere near that rating. Purchase a good make like Seasonic, CWT, Corsair, Thermaltake, Enermax, Gigabyte, Coolermaster, Antec, etc and try and get one with a single 12V rail if possible. I would advise you to get one of about 650W minimum depending on your hardware demands.

Once you have a decent PSU running your system you might well find that the problems disappear but if not at least you have a good base to start from. It is the foundations of the computer after all.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB