Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA69GM-S2H M/Board with DVI out to HDMI + additional graphivs card?

mac

Hi, I have looked through the 10 odd pages that are displayed here on AMD based M/Boards and can find nothing on this motherboard.  I currently run it in my media centre PC, but with 512MB of RAM allocated to the onboard graphics (2GB of RAM total), it struggles to handle H.264 video.  This is how Freeview HD is done here in Nw Zealand.

So I thought adding an independant graphics card would help it, but when that is plugged in I loose the Audio through the DVI to HDMI connection.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can either get the H.264 video working better with this current board, or can make a suggestion how I can use an independant graphics card and retain the DVI to HDMI audio/video connection?

Thanks in advance.  :-)

Pottypete

Re: GA-MA69GM-S2H M/Board with DVI out to HDMI + additional graphivs card?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 12:52:37 pm »
Hi,
For Some HD Nvidia graphic cards there is a internal S/PDIF Digital Audio Cable that can be connected to the S/PDIF header on mobo to the S/PDIF header on the graphics card,
Don't know if this applies in your setup, maybe worth checking!
Regards

mac

Re: GA-MA69GM-S2H M/Board with DVI out to HDMI + additional graphivs card?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 01:46:28 am »
Hi, thanks for the suggestion.  The G/Card I bought (2nd hand) is a Gigabyte 8400GS (NX84G256HE).  Its a silent card which is great for my Media Center, but no audio input... plus its a NVidia card rather than an ATI, which the m/board is.. so not sure if that makes a difference.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks