RAMS problem
0 (0%)
RAMSerror
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

PC problem (RAMs)

Re: PC problem (RAMs)
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 12:53:46 pm »
Happy new year! Sorry for the delayed pot. I couldnt get BSoD cause i removed one dimm, i am using only 4GB now. Thats one dimm only on board. When i tried both i didnt get BSOD as i expected, although i got several crashes on the games i use to play. But with no error messages or so. They were just stop working and drop me on the windows Desktop. Anyway, i just got a BSoD with only one dimm on my mobo. That specific dimm works a little bit better than the other one. Crashes less, and it has less failures on the mem test. Anyway, i kept all the infos from the latest BSOD plus the stop code as you asked me. So here is all the info i got few minute ago.

"SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"
STOP: 0x0000003B (0x00000000C0000005, 0xFFFFF88005CADE01, 0xFFFFF880029FEBF0, 0x0000000000000000)
atikmdag.sys - Address FFFFF88005CADE01 base at FFFFF880058FD000, Datestamp 4ebb3c7e

So? what do you think..

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 01:07:39 pm »
Hi again

we might be looking at the wrong area with your problem as the stop code you have posted would seem to indicate that the issue possibly isn't actually with your hardware but with your drivers. Usually the main culprit is graphics drivers but it can be caused by other things.

Could you post back with a full list of your PC components to help with further troubleshooting for you?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

teknology9

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 01:11:05 pm »
Hi,

Does this shed any light on the matter.....please see link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff558949(v=VS.85).aspx

Hope this helps

Teknology9
Windows 11Home Edition
NZXT Phantom
Seasonic Platinum 1000w
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Corsair 16GB 3200
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev 1.5
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 D6 Gaming X 4G
Ryzen 5 5600
Samsung 970 Evo Plus - 250GB
Samsung 830 SSD - 250GB
PC building.........it's no fun if it's easy!!!

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 03:50:51 pm »
Well my PC is, CPU: AMD FX-6100   GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire    RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengenace (2x4GB)  Power supply: Corsair Gaming series GS600    MOBO: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3  HD: 156GB ExcelStor Technology J8160 ATA   operating system: Windows 7   x64bit  (plus i did install some drivers for my Monitor -Philips 227EL (1920x1080@60Hz)- , dont know if this has to do with all these problems. Im just saying it so.)

@absic     Well maybe yes.. but if something else, is wrong such as drivers, then why my memories fail the mem test?  Does the mem test failures connected somehow with any possible driver problem?I mean driver problems can cause my memories fail? Many people said to me that maybe a driver can cause such thing perhaps a gpu one. But how im going to find out that? I have the latest graphic drivers since the gpu card is decent enough.

The wierd thing is that i used to use my pc for like 2 weeks straight when i got it, and i had no problems. All these issues came all of a sudden. So its not like all the problems were happening since the day one. But meanwhile i didnt installed any other drivers at all. The only new things my pc gets often are some windows updates. Nothing more. My gpu drivers mobo etc all were downloaded from the official sites, latest versions.

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 04:01:05 pm »
I will wright down all the BSODs i had until today just to summarize em. QUOTA_UNDERFLOW,  BAD_POOL_HEADER, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA,  SYTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Although, i managed to wright down the stop message only from the latest BSOD.

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 01:44:46 pm »
Ok i jut got a new BSoD with both memory dimms  installed on my mobo (2x4GB). , message :  "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT"
STOP code is :  0x0000001A (0x0000000000041790,0xFFFFFA8002209AA0, 0x000000000000FFFF, 0x0000000000000000)
that thing is so annoying...

teknology9

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 01:51:20 pm »
Windows 11Home Edition
NZXT Phantom
Seasonic Platinum 1000w
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Corsair 16GB 3200
Ryzen 5 5600
Samsung 830 SSD - 250GB

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 12:39:19 pm »
@teknology9   Well..let me answer all of your links advices. First, i did uninstalled and re-installed the dimms several times, so i m quite ure its not a matter of wrong memory dimm placement on my mobo. As far as voltages are concerned, i also dont think i have such issue cause all were set to auto. My dimms are combatible with my mobo according to gigabytes info. Also, i did try to run my rams seperately. Both gave me BSoDs. But my final answer is that.. if i only had MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bsods i would be sure that is a RAM issue. But what about all the other BSoD that i got so far? that do not indicate a RAM issue necessarily..

teknology9

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 12:43:19 pm »
Well I posted the link/s as the error code was similiar to yours and thought it might help.....help be the operative word.
Windows 11Home Edition
NZXT Phantom
Seasonic Platinum 1000w
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Corsair 16GB 3200
Ryzen 5 5600
Samsung 830 SSD - 250GB

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 12:47:31 pm »
it was a helpful link, and im glad that i feel great support in these forums and i really thank you. But still i cant figure out where the problem is. I will try a solution soon, by exchanging my rams with my friends ram dimms. That will answer lotta question of mine. Next step as you said, is to get new RAMs.

teknology9

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 12:52:16 pm »
Hi,

I know you are trying to get the issue resolved....and I hope that you do.....but you have to try various possible solutions in order to find the winning one. Unfortunately it is not always straight forward....but I'm sure you will very soon. 

Teknology9

Windows 11Home Edition
NZXT Phantom
Seasonic Platinum 1000w
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Corsair 16GB 3200
Ryzen 5 5600
Samsung 830 SSD - 250GB

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 01:03:23 pm »
Hi again,

If your RAM is failing MemTest then the obvious thing to do is try different RAM Modules as this is a good as place as any to start troubleshooting. Did you manage to borrow any other RAM Modules as you were hoping to do in your earlier post?

If you can get hold of some different RAM to try and you still have the same problem then I would be looking at the CPU as a possible cause, as the memory controller is part of this and not part of the motherboard.

Another thing that could be causing the problem is the BIOS. Have you tried dropping back to the F6 or F7 version? Sometimes doing this can help especially as the F8d that you are currently running is a BETA version. If you do try this then I would recommend using QFlash and also that you disable the "Keep DMI Data" option on the QFlash homescreen before actually running the update.

The real problem with Windows Stop Codes is they are too generic and don't always pinpoint the exact area that is causing issues. They can give an indication of where to start looking, hence my earlier reply about graphic drivers and possibly other software issues.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 02:46:02 pm »
No my friend, i havent tested any other memory modules yet, although ill try it soon enough as it might show up some results. About the cpu, well when i first got my pc if you remember my older posts, i said that my cpu couldnt start at the very beggining. So i sent that cpu back to where it came from. They did tests on it and it was 100% cool. So i guess there shouldnt be any problem with the memory controller, but still im not sure. I dont know what kind of testing my cpu went through. Now about the bios. The reason that my cpu didnt started when i got my pc was becasuse mobo needed bios update in order to run the FX6100. I also sent back my mobo to test it, it was all ok with it, they just updated my bios in order for FX 6100 cpu to run properly (they installed that beta version you mentioned). So dunno if bios latest update is the issue at this point aswell. Do you think if i downgrade it, will the cpu be able to work correctly? Thats the reason i didnt downgraded that yet. At this point i think the best solution is to use different ram modules that ill borrow from a friend. I ll try to do that in the next few days. Im really curious on what i am about to face. Im hoping for the best..

P.S. I just got one more BSOD memory_management, same stop code as before. So i removed (again) the 2nd mem dimm. Its quite obvious that the 2nd dimm is totally crashing. Both on mem test and in my pc overall usage. So im almost sure that the second dimm is probably bad made or so. Im now focusing on the single dimm that i use. It fails a lot less, but it still fails. Ill report back soon when i ll use other modules.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 02:52:04 pm »
If I have got your motherboard model correct (the GA-970A-D3) then according to the CPU support list your FX6100 will work with BIOS F6 or above. http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3908 You should be able to flash back to either the F6 or F7 and the processor will function OK.

If I were in your position I would flash back to the F7 BIOS, following the steps I mentioned previously. This may show if the problem is BIOS related rather than a fundamental problem with the other hardware.

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 06:00:09 pm »
Hmm yes this might work indeed. I will first make sure that my dimms arent broken or something by testing them on a friends pc, and if they prove to be ok then ill try to downgrade my BIOS .