Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA785GM-US2H cannot define array...only key 4 works

GA-MA785GM-US2H cannot define array...only key 4 works
« on: November 01, 2009, 05:53:44 pm »
This is the strangest thing I have ever seen.  I set in the bios to Raid mode.  Boot up, hit Control + F and get into the menu.  But the only button that works is 4.  1-3 just make the screen flicker and that is it.  I have 2 WD 250GB harddrives that I had in a Raid on an Intel box.  They boot up just fine in IDE mode so I know the drives are good.  I have tried bios F1, F2 and F5, cleared the cmos you name it.   I am completely stumped, any help would be awesome because I need to get this raid back up and running asap.

Re: GA-MA785GM-US2H cannot define array...only key 4 works
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 07:54:10 pm »
Okay I have sort of found the issue.  I have a PCI ITE IT8212 controller card in the bottom PCI slot.  I removed it and the onboard controller card got an IRQ number of 11, before I noticed it has 0.  So I manually set my PCI card to IRQ 3 but it didnt help.  I can in the meantime get the raid card working but I need that card as well because I have a few ATA drives i need plugged in. 

Re: GA-MA785GM-US2H cannot define array...only key 4 works
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 12:53:29 am »
SO I am trying a VIA chipset card now and the PC boots but the NT Kernal and System stays at 50%.  If I boot without the PCI card it doesn't do it.  Has anyone else had issues with Addon cards and this mobo?